Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 871 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s September 30 - 11:44pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Windows Vista /

Vista don't install?!?!?!? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Dublin_Gunner Jan 23, 2007, 12:08pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Vista don't install?!?!?!?
AFAIK all versions are on the 1 disk, they just have to sell you the license for the 64bit version

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Jan 23, 2007, 12:11pm EST Report Abuse
From what I've read, the 32-bit license is interchangable with the 64-bit license. A Home Premium license key would (should) work for both.

That is, if you buy Home Premium, you have your choice: 32-bit or 64-bit. But you can only use one at a time. That way, if you have a 32-bit CPU now, you can install the 32-bit, then down the road when you get an x86_64 CPU, you can install the 64-bit, all with the same license. That's the smart thing for Microsoft to do to help get mainstream computing onboard with 64-bit.

phil Jan 23, 2007, 12:20pm EST Report Abuse
McFly said:
From what I've read, the 32-bit license is interchangable with the 64-bit license. A Home Premium license key would (should) work for both.

That is, if you buy Home Premium, you have your choice: 32-bit or 64-bit. But you can only use one at a time. That way, if you have a 32-bit CPU now, you can install the 32-bit, then down the road when you get an x86_64 CPU, you can install the 64-bit, all with the same license. That's the smart thing for Microsoft to do to help get mainstream computing onboard with 64-bit.

that was my understanding aswell.

---
can't access HWA unless I use a proxy... lol

pfft ..f**k that! (almost sounds like work)
TamTheBam Jan 23, 2007, 01:43pm EST Report Abuse
Nah, you can buy OEM 64Bit or 32Bit individually. You can also buy OEM versions
of Premium, deluxe and business with both OS's (64 &32Bit) on them with a few quid
lessthan double the price. If you buy 64bit only, or 32 bit only, you only get that one OS

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Yours Truly Jan 23, 2007, 02:10pm EST Report Abuse
I'll just stick to Windows 3.11. 16 bit works well, so why bother changing. It boots up instantaneously and doesn't bsod.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.