Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1251 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 02 - 11:03am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Windows Vista /

Thinking of upgrading to Vista? Have you already? Read this. 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
CrAsHnBuRnXp Mar 14, 2007, 03:06am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Thinking of upgrading to Vista? Have you already? Read this.
OpenGL works fine for me as well. NVIDIA supports it the best out of both GFX card companies. Try updating to the latest drivers.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Corvus Raven Mar 14, 2007, 05:30pm EDT Report Abuse
I guess I jumped the gun, as it were.

Previously Iwouldn't have touched it, now I might. But then I still can't stand M$ anyways. So nothing new for me, eh?

I wonder if my Wingman Interceptor will work now?! :cool:

--------------------------
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe PCB 2.00 w/ BIOS 1005 (cause? Dunno.. ATM)
AMD XP 2800+ @ 0.0 GHz 0MHz FSB (overheating for no appearent reason)
(2) - Corsair XMS512-3500C2 (5-2-2-2T) @ 0MHz
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @0
Enermax 500W p/s (ok.
CrAsHnBuRnXp Mar 15, 2007, 12:03am EDT Report Abuse
...But then I still can't stand M$ anyways.

And why is that?

Mar 15, 2007, 08:06am EDT Report Abuse
Because MS is evil ... eeeevvviiilll ...

Corvus Raven Mar 15, 2007, 05:50pm EDT Report Abuse
Hey McFly.. :)

You forgot to capitalize.. :)

M$, .. are you pulling my leg? asking why? :~ :)

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @0
Enermax 500W p/s (ok.
CrAsHnBuRnXp Mar 15, 2007, 11:37pm EDT Report Abuse
So you cant stand Microsoft just because you think they charge to much for their software?

Mar 15, 2007, 11:55pm EDT Report Abuse
Eeeevvviilll ...

Corvus Raven Mar 17, 2007, 12:45pm EDT Report Abuse
It is not their pricing, granted it is over priced.

It is more the releasing of software with known fixable bugs, that they don't bother with because the "general user would not be using these functions in everyday computing".. like intel as well.

I suppose the "forcing" of people to purchace their software ,with little recorce is one, but the OEM's seem to include it anyway... ...say..

Aren't there laws against monopolies? and their extortion? ..seems to me that goverment does the same thing. but call it "Taxes".

M$ (not necesarily the employees) is a company willing to use unethical means to continue their growth. They will continue with a copyright infringment, or otherwise purchace rights to simply remove the competition, when it seems to be inevitable that the legal holder has no further choice between that and bankruptcy.

Think of it like a game of Chess, where one player is removing your rooks, knights, bishops and queen as it suits them, regardless of your knowldge of it, possibly replacing a pawn or two when you are looking, and claiming they win honestly. Does that sound honest to you?

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @0
Enermax 500W p/s (ok.
dark41 Mar 18, 2007, 12:33am EDT Report Abuse
I don't think MS really has any competition to thwart in the OS market. They can't be defined as a monopoly until there is actual competition that they're forcing out?. They've even begun to work with Apple to make their software compatible with Apple systems lately.

The problem is that every time someone comes out with a new technology that MS wants, they buy out the company. Until companies stick to their guns and refuse to sell, these trends will continue. There's nothing illegal and its hard to argue the morality when buying something that someone wants to sell. Its hard to resist a large sum of money. But for sure, the end result is that the end users suffer from the lack of competition, both in price and technology advancements.

Relatively, there's very few lawsuits being generated by MS now. The bulk of MS litigation is from other companies against MS. Even the European WMP lawsuit is kind of silly since MS doesn't really charge for WMP with the OS. There is nothing preventing people from using 3rd party media players with windows, but of course there's less incentive to buy one when WMP is already included with the OS for free.

I believe it was a famous coach that once said something to the effect of: its hard getting to the top, but its much harder to stay on top.

Bottom line is that I don't see MS as doing anything to prevent competition, other than employing the best workers/minds. Many companies start with the goal of being bought out at some point and being able to retire. As much as this isn't good for the end user, its not illegal and MS shouldn't be penalized for being in the position to buy. :)

EX38-DS5
E8500@4.0GHz (445x9, 1.40v) TRUE Black
Corsair HX620W
2x2gb Kingston HyperX 9600
HIS IceQ4 HD4850
2X1TB F1s (RAID 0) XP Pro/Win7 Ult 64
Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
Cambridge Soundworks 500w 5.1
G5, Antec 1200
Corvus Raven Mar 18, 2007, 12:31pm EDT Report Abuse
..This is true. The small companies are just taking the cash. Too quickly if you ask me.

And though somewhat small compared to size, the legal issues remain. In contrast to a company that does not have the funds to just buy out their competition, There may well be more competitors then.

At the same time, think of the differences that would be there with the new copyrights.. I mean "Hello World" was even being discussed in this manner (RE copyrights). How different can you make this programs example for sending a sentance to the screen? so that it would not infringe on somone?

I just think that there is a lot of foolishness, an din M$ case they turn it to their advantage regardless. In no way would I say it is not something that a company would want to do, to survive, but the extent of which some of their aquisitions were are not something I would do. I suppose my ethical regime is different from theirs.

So.. with that, it is just my opinion.

I wonder if there are any employees of M$ that think this way?? WOuld be interesting to see. ..but that would not be possible from where I stand, as I would not work for them for those reasons.

Hate M$? No. Just don't like some of their "ends justifying the means' approach.

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @0
Enermax 500W p/s (ok.
dark41 Mar 19, 2007, 12:44am EDT Report Abuse
Its all good.

I could never be a car salesman for the same reasons. But that doesn't mean they're all bad people. Or does it? hmmm... :)

EX38-DS5
E8500@4.0GHz (445x9, 1.40v) TRUE Black
Corsair HX620W
2x2gb Kingston HyperX 9600
HIS IceQ4 HD4850
2X1TB F1s (RAID 0) XP Pro/Win7 Ult 64
Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
Cambridge Soundworks 500w 5.1
G5, Antec 1200
Corvus Raven Mar 19, 2007, 08:44am EDT Report Abuse
Naw, Car Salesmen are expected to guide you. :)

But interesting that you would bring that up. They don't service what they sell either. ;)

eg: ANY M$ Harwdware.

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @0
Enermax 500W p/s (ok.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.