Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 897 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 01 - 12:48am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Vista driver woes, update or upgrade?

Re: Vista driver woes, update or upgrade? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Dublin_Gunner Mar 15, 2007, 01:57pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Re: Vista driver woes, update or upgrade?
Ed, are you saying XP is unstable for people who require the utmost stability??

I dont think so. So exactly how are MS letting people down?

If you dont want/need Vista, dont move to it. I get a huge sense of Deja Vu from when XP first came out, it was like the world of Personla Computing was coming to an end because people simply couldnt get their hardware / software to work. Now, how many people do NOT run XP????

Get my point? If you dont want to jump on the Vista bandwagon early, then dont.

BTW, back to manufacturer & drivers. Its totally the manufacturer. If I could get a beta version of Vista (with the same kernal) well over a year ago, and had 'beta' drivers from the manufacturers, then how come they didnt have fully working drivers at launch???

It wasnt a priority for them, simple.

MS arent forcing anyone to upgrade, but if they didnt offer Vista only incentives (DX10 etc), then how would they sell their shiny new OS?

They are a business, here to make money, like any other. Why people think they have a duty to make sure everyones piece of hardware works is beyond me.

They offer the platform, its up to others to design for it, like it always has been.

And in fact, Vista came with more built in drivers than ANY previous OS, so luckily most hardware was supported as soon as your fresh install re-booted.

Companies such as Creative however, must hang their heads in shame at the appaling driver support they have provided thus far.

Just look at Realtek for example, they have released new drivers constantly to improve performance & compatibility of their Codec based sound devices in Vista. At least they're on the ball.

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.