Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1590 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 21 - 10:12pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Site Comments /

Hardware Analysis Suggestion and Idea Thread (Part 2) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Next >>
CrAsHnBuRnXp Jun 24, 2007, 01:12am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Hardware Analysis Suggestion and Idea Thread (Part 2)
I would have guessed McFly that you would have thought of that. :)

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Bitmap Jun 26, 2007, 09:43pm EDT Report Abuse
Here's something to ponder:

Some sort of thread pruning system. It may just be me, but I get kinda tired of threads being blasted from the past, further than a year ago. Maybe this is something we can think about and expound upon? Criteria, exempt threads, etc.

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
Sean Costello Jun 26, 2007, 10:26pm EDT Report Abuse
That just reminded me

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
Adam Kolak Jun 28, 2007, 11:35am EDT Report Abuse
Is it possible we can somehow advertise the HWA Community CS:S server somewhere on the front page? Just a little box somewhere in the corner that says "come play with us" and the IP address or something. That would really be great if we could.

Adam Kolak
Moderator, Hardware Analysis
adam@hardwareanalysis.com
DFI LP P35-T2RS | Xeon Quad @ 3.2Ghz | 4GB DDR2-1000 | 8800GT 512MB | See Profile
B Jun 28, 2007, 12:32pm EDT Report Abuse
Adam K. said:
Is it possible we can somehow advertise the HWA Community CS:S server somewhere on the front page? Just a little box somewhere in the corner that says "come play with us" and the IP address or something. That would really be great if we could.

I second that. I think it will benefit the community. We have a great server, yet there are not many people playing on it.

Liquid Shadow Jun 28, 2007, 12:39pm EDT Report Abuse
I third that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ADK 1Q AR Laptop
Core i5 520M | 4GB RAM | ATI HD4570
Sean Costello Jun 28, 2007, 11:35pm EDT Report Abuse
wrong section XD

______
CrAsHnBuRnXp Jun 28, 2007, 11:54pm EDT Report Abuse
You hacked. It wasnt fair.

Sean Costello Jun 29, 2007, 12:02am EDT Report Abuse
Wrong section i just relised that XD

______
BlazeYDH Jul 03, 2007, 02:30am EDT Report Abuse
far too many pages to go through to see if this suggestion has already been suggested.

I would like it if you could have picture signatures and not just text.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~
Blaze, putting the Hard Anal in Hardware Analysis.
CrAsHnBuRnXp Jul 03, 2007, 02:40am EDT Report Abuse
BlazeYDH said:
far too many pages to go through to see if this suggestion has already been suggested.

I would like it if you could have picture signatures and not just text.

Its been suggested numerous times and the last time I checked, they didn't want to do that because the site looks to professional. If you do picture sigs, then we'd need avatars because then it wouldn't look right. Dont want avatar's either because again, site looks to professional.

Bitmap Jul 03, 2007, 03:23am EDT Report Abuse
It's more of a bandwidth and load-time issue than anything. If the forums start filling up with pictures in sigs, and avatars, the site load-time is gonna slow down noticeably. I like how quickly HWA loads. :)

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
B Jul 03, 2007, 08:21am EDT Report Abuse
Bobby Phillipps said:
I like how quickly HWA loads. :)

Same. I can be downloading files and still surf the site with ease. It is also a big deal because not everyone on the site has a capable internet connection.

Mohawk Jul 12, 2007, 08:16am EDT Report Abuse
i havent read the entire thread yet, im not THAT bored at work :P but i saw this nice thing when looking at the elitestjerks forums. its a little summary of similar threads to the one you are currently reading, not sure how hard it would be to setup

http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t13593-looking_hot_timer_mod/ link its right at the bottom you have to scroll all the way down :)

Systems specs:

Intel Core 2 QUAD LGA775 Q6600 G0 @ 2.80GHz
Gigabyte P35-DQ6
2GB Corsair XMS2-6400C4 DDR2 Dual Channel
BFG 8800 GTX OC 768mb Ram - (600MHz Core Clock) (1800MHz Memory Clock) (1400MHz Shader Clock)
Vista 32bit
_MD_ Jul 19, 2007, 02:58pm EDT Report Abuse
Just noticed that when in latest topics, the <title> is popular topics and vice versa - when in popular topics, <title> is latest topics...

___________________MD_____________________
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=333177
_______ Full system specs in user profile ________
_MD_ Jul 20, 2007, 08:51am EDT Report Abuse
_MD_ said:
Just noticed that when in latest topics, the <title> is popular topics and vice versa - when in popular topics, <title> is latest topics...

Oops, disregard that... I think it was intended to have Latest topics - Popular Topics as a title... Sorry. :blush:

___________________MD_____________________
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=333177
_______ Full system specs in user profile ________
Vitaliy (Administrator) Jul 22, 2007, 01:32pm EDT Report Abuse
Brendan Gonsalves said:
Adam K. said:

I second that. I think it will benefit the community. We have a great server, yet there are not many people playing on it.

I made a forum called "HWA Community" (perhaps it needs a better name). The idea is that's where we can discuss HWA-related things that are happening outside HWA - game servers, facebook, Folding@Home, etc. I moved some of those threads but if there are others that should be moved - let me know.

Vitaliy (Administrator) Jul 22, 2007, 02:35pm EDT Report Abuse
Mohawk said:
i havent read the entire thread yet, im not THAT bored at work :P but i saw this nice thing when looking at the elitestjerks forums. its a little summary of similar threads to the one you are currently reading, not sure how hard it would be to setup

I was actually thinking about this very feature the other day.. I see it being much more useful before a post is created because it can help to cut down on repeat questions about the same issue. The issue then is that of course it's not possible to create a list of related items until person typed something to relate to.

I'll have to give it more thought.. :)

FordGT90Concept Jul 27, 2007, 04:40pm EDT Report Abuse
How about a [sub] and [sup] tag? Great for footnotes. ;)

FordGT90Concept Aug 01, 2007, 12:54pm EDT Report Abuse
And why don't replies to articles appear in a forum/latest topics? There's rarely any replies because people forget to look there. The way it is organized (lack of displaying who replied last) makes it much harder to keep up on as well in its current state.

This thread has been locked by forum moderators and no further posts are allowed. This topic has been recently discussed <here>. Please visit that thread for an answer to your question or to continue discussion.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.