Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 770 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 13 - 05:56pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Site Comments /

Hardware Analysis Suggestion and Idea Thread (Part 2) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Next >>
FordGT90Concept Apr 19, 2007, 11:49pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Hardware Analysis Suggestion and Idea Thread (Part 2)
I was about to suggest that myself.

Bitmap Apr 20, 2007, 12:07am EDT Report Abuse
How about a method to subscribe to a thread without having to actually post in said thread.

At the moment, in order to subscribe to a thread, I have to go post a comment. Somedays, I just don't feel like posting a comment. I just want to keep tabs in it. :)

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
phil Apr 20, 2007, 05:42pm EDT Report Abuse
isn't that what the "mark topic as favourite" is for?

---
can't access HWA unless I use a proxy... lol

pfft ..f**k that! (almost sounds like work)
Bitmap Apr 20, 2007, 06:12pm EDT Report Abuse
Nope, they're different. Marking a topic as a favorite won't send you emails when the thread is updated.

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
B Apr 22, 2007, 06:31pm EDT Report Abuse
Bobby Phillipps said:
How about a method to subscribe to a thread without having to actually post in said thread.

Good idea.

CrAsHnBuRnXp Apr 22, 2007, 06:42pm EDT Report Abuse
If I remember correctly, if I posted in a thread and chose for HWA to send me an email, it would send me an email each time someone posted. I dont chekc the box anymore, but when I make a thread, i get an email the second someone hits "post". Even if its a month later.

Bitmap Apr 22, 2007, 09:07pm EDT Report Abuse
Mark Allen said:
If I remember correctly, if I posted in a thread and chose for HWA to send me an email, it would send me an email each time someone posted. I don't check the box anymore, but when I make a thread, i get an email the second someone hits "post". Even if its a month later.

Right, that's exactly how it's supposed to be. By default, when you make a new post, the box is checked. The logic is that if you're posting a problem you're having with your PC, you'll want an e-mail sent to you when someone responds, rather than just refreshing the thread over and over.

However, the fact that you didn't check the box, and it sent you an email is weird.

What I'm getting at is that I would like to see an option to subscribe to threads without having to post. Add to favorites is a separate list. Maybe if we made it so your favorites, and your subscribed threads were one contiguous list, in order to keep things simple.

________
Apr 23, 2007, 01:28am EDT Report Abuse
A small nitpick:

How about calling the "Visitor Profiles" ... "Member Profiles" ... ?

B Apr 23, 2007, 10:29am EDT Report Abuse
McFly said:
A small nitpick:

I didn't even notice that until now.

It should be a relatively easy change. I'm for it.

Bitmap Apr 23, 2007, 12:37pm EDT Report Abuse
Brendan Gonsalves said:
McFly said:
A small nitpick:

I didn't even notice that until now.

It should be a relatively easy change. I'm for it.

I second that recommendation. :)

________
Vitaliy (Administrator) Apr 23, 2007, 08:37pm EDT Report Abuse
McFly said:

Where? :)

Vitaliy (Administrator) Apr 23, 2007, 08:38pm EDT Report Abuse
Bobby Phillipps said:
What I'm getting at is that I would like to see an option to subscribe to threads without having to post. Add to favorites is a separate list. Maybe if we made it so your favorites, and your subscribed threads were one contiguous list, in order to keep things simple.

I think the simplest thing would be to have an option (checkbox) to receive post notifications from your "favorite" threads in addition to threads where you post.

B Apr 23, 2007, 08:52pm EDT Report Abuse
Vitaliy (Administrator) said:
McFly said:

Where? :)

Thanks for listening to our requests.

Now all we need is the ability to create polls in threads. :)

Apr 25, 2007, 12:17am EDT Report Abuse
What's up with the clock? ...

It's 8:54PDT but this post says "Apr 24, 2007, 09:17pm PDT"

CrAsHnBuRnXp Apr 25, 2007, 01:16am EDT Report Abuse
Bobby Phillipps said:
Mark Allen said:
If I remember correctly, if I posted in a thread and chose for HWA to send me an email, it would send me an email each time someone posted. I don't check the box anymore, but when I make a thread, i get an email the second someone hits "post". Even if its a month later.

Right, that's exactly how it's supposed to be. By default, when you make a new post, the box is checked. The logic is that if you're posting a problem you're having with your PC, you'll want an e-mail sent to you when someone responds, rather than just refreshing the thread over and over.

However, the fact that you didn't check the box, and it sent you an email is weird.

All I have to do (when it is not my thread, but make a post) is click the box one time. Any post there after, I still get an email without continually checking off that box.

Bitmap Apr 25, 2007, 11:49am EDT Report Abuse
Mark Allen said:
Bobby Phillipps said:
Mark Allen said:

All I have to do (when it is not my thread, but make a post) is click the box one time. Any post there after, I still get an email without continually checking off that box.

Right, I know this. What I'm saying is what if I don't want to post, but I still wanna keep tabs on a thread? It's happened from time to time. :P

________
Apr 26, 2007, 08:13am EDT Report Abuse
You know that if we had post ratings, I would just create hundreds of bogus accounts so as to rate all of my posts the highest possible rating, and thus become the most powerful and feared member of all HWA, and then use my illegitamately attained powers to smite those unwilling to bend to my will.

Archangel Apr 26, 2007, 10:18am EDT Report Abuse
It would be great if we were able to see or search our own posts by username / nick

Or search someones else's post by nickname

Bitmap Apr 26, 2007, 10:45pm EDT Report Abuse
McFly said:
You know that if we had post ratings, I would just create hundreds of bogus accounts so as to rate all of my posts the highest possible rating, and thus become the most powerful and feared member of all HWA, and then use my illegitamately attained powers to smite those unwilling to bend to my will.

Picture this conversation, if you will:

Bobby: Hey, uh, Michael?
Michael: Yeah?
Bobby: Are you noticing this?
Michael: Heh, yeah. All the same people are voting for all of McFly's posts.
Bobby: Hmm... You wanna do it, or you want me to?
Michael: Yeah, go for it.
Bobby: (Duhn duhn duhn!) DISCIPLINARY ACTION!

:P

We love yeh, McFly.

In a completely heterosexual manner, of course.

________
Apr 27, 2007, 09:12am EDT Report Abuse
I don't want you to love me in either a hetero- or homo- sexual way ... let's go with non- sexual, shall we? I realize that I'm a delicious peice of man-meat, and that deep down you're soft, much like a woman, but try to control yourself, Sir.

:~

This thread has been locked by forum moderators and no further posts are allowed. This topic has been recently discussed <here>. Please visit that thread for an answer to your question or to continue discussion.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.