Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 366 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 23 - 09:40am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Crysis runs great on my old rig! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
vulcan raven Oct 28, 2007, 07:37pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Crysis runs great on my old rig!
why have you bought a 8800GTS 640 two days before a faster, cheaper, cooler and smaller card launches? :/

--------------------ANTEC cased rig--------------------
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7362136
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Donmeister Oct 28, 2007, 08:15pm EDT Report Abuse
Okay, I ran the game some more. It does ok with settings at medium and 4x antialiasing. If I turn the settings up to high, then my frame rate stays just a little about 20 fps. I kind of expected that. With settings at medium, my fps were about 30+. I can't wait to do my upgrade but I think the main culprit with some of the guys with the beastly systems is Windows Vista. Look at everyone having sluggish fps and check and I'll bet they're using Vista, or are using an underspec pc without reading the sys reqs. I guess they gotta work out some of the kinks which'll take a bit of time. Hopefully not too long... :~

Specs and components in profile...
God Zero Oct 28, 2007, 08:21pm EDT Report Abuse
what are you saying? the 512 cards?...are launching in 2 days? can u show me a link?

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
ian elliott Oct 28, 2007, 08:32pm EDT Report Abuse
God Zero said:
I am very confused on how people with these beastly rig'd systems are having such issues with there FPS? I rarely see a bog down in FPS even at all high settings and x6aa with 1280x1024 with my old rig im on right now?

Out of curiosity what if you click on the optimal system in the graphic option what does it say your spec is ?

God Zero Oct 28, 2007, 08:38pm EDT Report Abuse
ian elliott said:
God Zero said:
I am very confused on how people with these beastly rig'd systems are having such issues with there FPS? I rarely see a bog down in FPS even at all high settings and x6aa with 1280x1024 with my old rig im on right now?

Out of curiosity what if you click on the optimal system in the graphic option what does it say your spec is ?

All medium

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
God Zero Oct 28, 2007, 08:43pm EDT Report Abuse
vulcan raven said:
why have you bought a 8800GTS 640 two days before a faster, cheaper, cooler and smaller card launches? :/

Its anoying when you flame me acting like im a complete idiot for something that I see no release date for. If your going off of opinons great for you but until I see a source that says Relase date October 30th im not really caring about your opinion.

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
ian elliott Oct 28, 2007, 08:43pm EDT Report Abuse
Do you mean Medium spec? I would have thought that system would be low spec being single core?

God Zero Oct 28, 2007, 08:46pm EDT Report Abuse
ian elliott said:
Do you mean Medium spec? I would have thought that system would be low spec being single core?

Yea I do mean medium spec, it all goes to *MEDIUM* when i click optimal settings. kidna hard to mess that up:/

As I said I was surprised, but it may be because even though some fall short of the recommended system requirments, others are a bit above.

So, go figure?

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
God Zero Oct 28, 2007, 09:03pm EDT Report Abuse
Also among my search the full version of Crysis will be running a lot smoother.

The demo doesnt support quad and doesnt support 64bit but the full version does.

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10941&p=1

is the link I used, its all on the first post.

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
Dave Oct 28, 2007, 10:18pm EDT Report Abuse
I have no bloody idea how you manage 6x AA. I can do what you are at 15-35fps.. just with no AA. If I dare to go anywhere near the AA settings the game explodes and dies (slows down considerably).

But yes, as far as I know the 8800GT will be out soonish. I should be getting one of them and smoking this game. :D

vulcan raven Oct 29, 2007, 01:49pm EDT Report Abuse
flame? nope. i can order them online today. 8800GT 512mb in the uk. its all the things i said. beats the GTS 640, sometimes on a par with GTX! im asking why you have bought the GTS 640 just now. madness. absolute craziness.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

nvidias homepage crying out loud. sorry, whats that? you are calling ME an idiot? :P im not the one who bought an 8800GTS a couple days before the GT launched

God Zero Oct 29, 2007, 01:56pm EDT Report Abuse
O man $40.00 cheaper for a card a bit better in some areas. Sorry im not worried about it at all. But you should be using the x1950 ;D

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
vulcan raven Oct 29, 2007, 02:01pm EDT Report Abuse
considerably better more like. and more than 40 bucks cheaper. plus im not gonna be too worried when i fit my SLI 8800GT's and kick an overclocked ultras ass for less money :P

great buy there then errr.....God lmao

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.