Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1119 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 13 - 10:30am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Crysis Benchmarks 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Next >>
God Zero Nov 02, 2007, 07:40pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Crysis Benchmarks
Im running at all very high except post processing at medium and shader effect at low. at 1280x1024 with 2xaa and getting a 42fps average

System specs:

Q6600 CPU not OC'd

evega 8800gts 640 not OC'd

2xOCZ OCZ2G8002GK 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Gold Gamer eXtreme XTC Edition Dual Channel Memory=4gb

and windows vista 64 premium

German Technology,
GoD____ZeR0
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 08:34pm EDT Report Abuse

yea that's fine that's expected on that resolution. i can get easily. No pun, but to get
42 FPS on 1600x1200, and on your settings, that'll impress.
I can actually run on all HIGH SETTINGS but i suffer lag. That's all.
Hopefully when the games released (and i may be asking for too much here) if
we get an extra 20FPS with all HIGH SETTINGS, i'll be well happy

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 08:52pm EDT Report Abuse
http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6182140/index.html?tag=topslot...lk=topslot

looks good in DX9. i havent personally played it in full settings DX10, because ummmmm, not one of my mates has a rig fast enough if that wasnt becoming plainly obvious as stated on here lol. but gamespot dont seem to think there is a huge difference between the two, from the demo anyways.

it seems to be crytek have built a game either A: badly badly optimised. or B: intended for the next generation of hardware. far cry was a bitch of a game if anyone remembers it. even a 6800 ultra wasnt very fast max settings 16 x 12, and that card wasnt out til the month after the game launched! the game was launched with the 5950 ultra and the 9800XT being the the big boys and it hammered both of them.

give it a year and the hardware will pummel this game as you would expect, the same way it took a year for the hardware to pummel far cry. i cant say im surprised.

--------------------ANTEC cased rig--------------------
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7362136
TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:00pm EDT Report Abuse

Give it a year? Why? This game's not been released today to be played super slick
next year. This game should be runnin slick now with the current high spec hardware
(and i say current high spec, as i know low,med and high can be run easily) ie DX10
hardware and quads. If games are being released today, and expected to play at
peak next year then that's one f**ked up scheme. Next year, Crysis will be a graphical
thing of the past, and more newer next gen eyecany graphics n physics will topple
Crysis. Can't believe you just sed that. It defeats the whole purpose of this thread.

As a refresher:

This thread is dedicated to DX10 Hardware, and multi cores. Especially when the
game sets the settings to VERY HIGH after a hardware scan. We all know the DX9
runs exceptionally well.

vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:04pm EDT Report Abuse
believe it, because i said it, and already seen it, no surprise. at all. i cant believe you didnt see it coming!

crytek already pulled this stunt with far cry, when was the last time you seen far cry run 16 x 12 max settings with 4x anti aliasing smooth on a 9800XT? never is when. but that was the fastest card you could get at the time the game was out.

its totally relevant. the very fastest hardware that some poor sod had built up after seeing all the incredible shots of far cry, and then the game rips it a new one. not news to me.

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:05pm EDT Report Abuse
I already know that. But it shouldn't be that way. Plain and simple. I did see it coming,
i just hoped it wouldn't happen./ Know what i mean

vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:06pm EDT Report Abuse
it shouldnt be that way. but it is. plain and simple.

this game was built for the next generation of DX10 cards, that nvidia and ATI wont deliver for months. this is the 1 teraflop beast waiting in the green wings to shred crysis, that nvidia need to get out ASAP.

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:10pm EDT Report Abuse

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:12pm EDT Report Abuse

No Nvidia need to get a grip

vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:12pm EDT Report Abuse
thats because whenever crytek have demoed the game, it ran 1024 x 768 on frickin SLI 8800 ultra setups. that kinda gave the game away lol

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:13pm EDT Report Abuse

vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:16pm EDT Report Abuse
if that were true, why doesnt it pull 30 frames at medium res? lol i would say 2MP is medium res. theres no way crytek took this game and built it to run on a GTX, when the drivers dont even work great either do they? i bet they built this biatch on a quadro for the next gen of desktop GPUs.

G. G. Nov 02, 2007, 09:23pm EDT Report Abuse
maybe nVidia/ATI and software like Crysis are really setting themselves up for continuation of upgrades. If the cards today can run Crysis like bat out of hell.... then there is no need to upgrade to the latest and greatest card. And once you upgrade to the latest and greatest card to run Crysis the way it should be....... then the software gurus comes out with a more demanding app that in your mind should be able to tear up but in reality it will require a new upgrade..... .... maybe all this is all a ploy for your money...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:25pm EDT Report Abuse
exactly G.G. crysis was never built for the current generation of hardware. Nv and ATi love games like this, it forces an upgrade for full candy and raises the bar so high that it crushes even the fastest systems. thats life in the world of pc gaming.

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:26pm EDT Report Abuse
I can do 30FPS on med settings.you're not running DX10 on those settings even if
you do choose to load game on DX10 mode. DX10 mode's only active when you
choose Very High Settings. Come on man we're not talking about buttons here,
the current hardware out just now isn't cheap.

** I know that about the money thing, that's wel obvious, and always will be.
But lets get it running sweet for current hardware, and then patch it, update it
and make it look more nicer next year

vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:29pm EDT Report Abuse
well cryteks approach to far cry was: lets crush the current hardware, wait for the new SM3 cards and then crush them too with a series of updates like the HDR one lmao :O

seriously, the 6800 ultra just fell apart with the HDR update. lol not good

repeat with crysis? probably.

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:33pm EDT Report Abuse

It's tiring me out. Hurting my wallet. What's happened to gaming? Gaming used to
be fun. Now it costs an arm and a leg to participate in games.

vulcan raven Nov 02, 2007, 09:34pm EDT Report Abuse
i like consoles. they wont replace pc gaming for me. but its totally not blasphemy to like consoles now. try it.

i mean come on, project gotham 4 for example, its running on 2 year old hardware and im asking you now, find me a better looking pc racer. you will struggle. x360 upscales everything, but it does a pretty good job of making 600p look rather fine 1080p.
i mean x360 scales vertically really well! where is that option on pc. technical standpoint i can see the hurdles involved, but why cant a modern pc GPU render a game at one resolution, then scale the rest of the way as convincingly as a 200 quid console. if a cheap machine can render games 1280 x 720 then scale to 1920 x 1080p as well as it does why cant a standalone GPU costing twice as much do that as well?

i would say that its mainly due to the totally stable hardware environment with only one configuration to develop for, but thats the kind of standard feature needed in pc hardware. kinda like how DX10.1 is trying to standardise 4x FSAA, then every game should be able to scale as well as it does on x360's GPU.

for example, what if your card could render crysis 1280 x 960, then upscale the finished image to 16 x 12 so well that its not quite as good, but never miles away from native 16 x 12 rendering? i know i would take that deal. its the same principle x360 works with most of its games..

TamTheBam Nov 02, 2007, 09:37pm EDT Report Abuse

Man i could bought at least 5 PS3's with the money i've spent. I'm not going there!

Scumbag Blues Nov 02, 2007, 09:57pm EDT Report Abuse
Tam-the-Bam said:

Man i could bought at least 5 PS3's with the money i've spent. I'm not going there!

Now, if you could somehow lace them together as one super machine... ;)

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.