Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1073 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 07 - 08:04pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

inside the HD DVD camp........... 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
vulcan raven Jan 20, 2008, 07:48am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: inside the HD DVD camp...........
my favorite line is still probably: blades of glory is still one of our exclusive titles.......

BLADES OF GLORY?! are you f**kING kidding me?!

LOL:O

--------------------ANTEC cased rig--------------------
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7362136
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Adam Kolak Jan 20, 2008, 11:41am EST Report Abuse
Anyone of the opinion that Microsoft never really cared about this format war despite backing HD-DVD? If they really cared, don't you think they would have started just throwing in HD-DVD drives in all Xbox 360s (even if only for movies)?

Some say that Microsoft really wants to push digital HD distribution over the tubes and others claim that MS simply wanted to back HD-DVD to put pressure on Sony and slow PS3 sales. What do you guys think?

Adam Kolak
Moderator, Hardware Analysis
adam@hardwareanalysis.com
DFI LP P35-T2RS | Xeon Quad @ 3.2Ghz | 4GB DDR2-1000 | 8800GT 512MB | See Profile
Sean Costello Jan 20, 2008, 12:25pm EST Report Abuse
Probally the later, I think MS just wants to spite Sony.

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
john albrich Jan 20, 2008, 07:49pm EST Report Abuse
Adam Kolak said:
...Some say that Microsoft really wants to push digital HD distribution over the tubes and others claim that MS simply wanted to back HD-DVD to put pressure on Sony and slow PS3 sales. What do you guys think?

I think MS "wants" internet distro for a number of financial reasons. Not only will it strengthen the use of Microsoft's content protection schemes, but it will enable Microsoft to provide their much sought after "seamless" customer base from IP generation to presentation...for both Microsoft's software and hardware products.

It will become more difficult for non-MS users to acquire and play IP protected by proprietary schemes, programming, and hardware.

Eventually, the "pay-per-bit" vision will be firmly in place.

ian elliott Jan 20, 2008, 10:01pm EST Report Abuse
vulcan raven said:
my favorite line is still probably: blades of glory is still one of our exclusive titles.......

BLADES OF GLORY?! are you f**kING kidding me?!

LOL:O

Yes. Also my favorite.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.