Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 309 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s January 24 - 11:28pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

The Saddest Day in My LIFE 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Suspended User Feb 05, 2008, 12:43am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: The Saddest Day in My LIFE
G.G my man. I am so sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with you and your family.

He will remain.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
G. G. Feb 08, 2008, 09:10pm EST Report Abuse
To everyone here that have replied..... I want to say from the bottom of my heart ... THANK YOU very much for your moral support. It really means alot to me.

It has been 2wks since my father's passing and with some of the daunting stuff behind us.... I have to make sure that mine and my family's life gones on without the presence of my father and especially making sure my mother's future is stable. Since I am the oldest of four children, I had become the focal point for everything since the beginning of this situation and will continue to be in the future. We will definately miss him. But our lives will go on. We are just taking it one day at a time.

Thank You everyone.... Have a great weekend and I'll see you all around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Gerritt Feb 08, 2008, 09:29pm EST Report Abuse
Garry,
My belated condulances as well.
You and your family are probably still in shock, though this will lessen with time.
I lost my father about four years ago, and have worn his wedding ring every day since then to remind me of how great he was and IS through the people whos lives he's touched.
Is your mother alone in her house now, or are there children still living there?
If you have all moved out, try to make sure that someone is there every day for her, as no matter how hard it's hit you, it's probably hit her harder, and she'll need the love and support of all of you.
Here I am four years later, and I still make sure that I'm there for her on holidays; including his birthday, their anniversary, Valentines day, etc.. We commensorate, and both end up laughing and crying, but both are cathartic. When someone important in your life passes, they live on, not only in your rememberances of them, but in how you communicate those rememberances to others effected by them. This is one of the ways that we can immortalize those that were the most important to us. After a while, you can smile at them and the lives that they led.
I'm not sure if the tears ever go totally away. I've not reached that point yet, but the tears that I have are clensing.

My best wishes to you and yours,

Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
G. G. Feb 08, 2008, 10:59pm EST Report Abuse
Thank you so much Gerritt.

Just reading your post puts tears in my eyes.... yes my mother is home alone since all the children are out of the house and fully grown with their own families. I have a brother that lives 20 mins away and he tries to visit as much as he can.... I live 1hr away and I call her often, usually at night when she is home alone, and I will be visiting her once a week. One thing that is good is that she works at a nail shop in her town and this nail shop is owned by one of my cousin. So when she is there, she will be around family members. At any given time, there will be 3 or 4 nieces around her. With her going back to work will make it more bearable. But for sure that myself and my brother will do our best to take care of our mother from here on out.

If I had one wish to use.... I surely would have wished this whole situation had not happened and that my father is still here today and healthy.

All I can offer to everyone here is that ....... spend as much time with your parents today because life can change in an instant and the next thing you know is that one or both of your parents are no longer with you. Dont take life or your parents for granted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
mothow Feb 08, 2008, 11:21pm EST Report Abuse
G G im really sorry to here about your loss

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Gerritt Feb 09, 2008, 12:05am EST Report Abuse
Garry,
Keep it up. You'll find that both of you need it, and it will help both of you to get by this tribulation.
As I said earlier, you are still in shock, as is she, don't make any major changes in your life until you can put this, if not behind you, at least on a back burner. But always keep it cooking.
This is the first major hurdle that you've had to pass in your life, no matter how many others that have been put in your way. Recognize the height of that hurdle, but achieve it.
You can go on. You will go on. For yourself, your spouse, and your children.
Hug your mother, she needs this more than anything right now.

Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
G. G. Feb 09, 2008, 12:39am EST Report Abuse
Gerritt,

Your post are words of wisdom.... yes... my life must go on and I must go on for my wife, two daughters, and especially for my mom. I must be the anchor to the greater family. But in all this... with the stress since the beginning of January (January is a total blur at this point)..... I think I have lost 5yrs at the tail end of my life span. Now with me trying to get back to work and to get some of my life back on track and to make sure my mother's path is steady.... the healing of our loss will begin.

Mot,

Thank you so much. I appreciate it very much my friend.

-
mothow Feb 09, 2008, 10:04am EST Report Abuse
Brought tears to my eyes when i read what you wrote.It touched home with me

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
shuja rahman Feb 09, 2008, 01:02pm EST Report Abuse
I'm so sorry for your great loss. A father is not only a father, he's a friend, a guider and
a supporter. I know how it feels bcoz i loss my mom too, 2 years ago, still can't forget her.

God bless your father(AMEN).

Intel Core2Duo E6420
Intel S975Xbx2
Kingston 1x2 gig ram
120 G.B Sata 2
625 PSU
XFX 7800GT
Rory Witham Feb 09, 2008, 08:49pm EST Report Abuse
My Condolences,

Custom Computers: http://www.gtwcmt.co.uk/GT%20PERFORMANCE%20COMPUTERS/index.html
Computer maintenance: http://www.gtwcmt.co.uk/Computer_maintenance/index.html
Computer repairs: http://www.gtwcmt.co.uk/Computer-repairs/index.html
G. G. Feb 11, 2008, 12:08am EST Report Abuse
Thank you so much Shuja and Rory

As long as my father is in my brain and my HEART....... I will never or ever forget him.

-

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.