Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 494 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 13 - 02:47pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Site Comments /

Hardware Analysis Suggestion and Idea Thread (Part 3) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>
Vitaliy (Administrator) Jul 03, 2008, 04:52pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Hardware Analysis Suggestion and Idea Thread (Part 3)
McFly said:
How about strikethrough? That would be a useful superubercool feature. :_)

Done.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Gerritt Jul 03, 2008, 05:15pm EDT Report Abuse
McFly,
You jerk! Wonderful suggestion!

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
Sean Costello Jul 03, 2008, 10:38pm EDT Report Abuse
This is stupid. I know I love it :D

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
Jul 04, 2008, 02:09am EDT Report Abuse
Woo hoo! I'm going to go masturbate in celebration! It's neat-o! :D

Dr. Peaceful Jul 04, 2008, 02:53am EDT Report Abuse
Vitaliy (Administrator) said:
Dr. Peaceful said:
How about incorporating thread view and reply counts within the thread. Like this, perhaps.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5541/postviewssuggestionku6.png

You see for "Re" threads for front page articles, there's no way to see how many views are there. It's quite convenient to have the counts right in the thread itself.

Done.

Where is it? Ah... I see it. It's in the 1st page, inside the original poster's header box, right underneath the "Reply - Quote - ..." tools. Well, I guess it makes a bit of sense, since those information is most relevant to the original poster (thread creator). But will it be too much to ask, to put it in every page? ;)

Edit to clarify: I wasn't meant to be pushy or anything above, just partly joking. If it's possible and easy then by all means put it in every page in a thread, but if it's not then the one now is sufficient. And of course, thanks for the additional feature! :)

Jul 19, 2008, 09:06pm EDT Report Abuse
How about a sentbox for saving outgoing PMs?

mothow Jul 19, 2008, 09:24pm EDT Report Abuse
How about when you open a thread in progress it shouldd by default open to the last post instead of the frist.Its really a pain going to the last post on really long threads.Or after i post and then i have to scroll back to my own post

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Suspended User Jul 19, 2008, 09:41pm EDT Report Abuse
Or it should at least maybe go to your last post, not necessarily the last post, but yours in particular, so you know where you were at.

FordGT90Concept Jul 20, 2008, 03:10am EDT Report Abuse
I think the Folding @ Home thread needs to closed and new one started with the basic information (e.g. how to run multiple instances of F@H, the new clients available, etc.) to get started rewritten. A lot of the thread has been dead for years. I can perhaps do some of this or all of it if it will be sticked in favor of the old thread.

Jul 20, 2008, 03:37am EDT Report Abuse
You know, due to power prices, I can't really afford to keep my computer on at night. However, my router is constantly running, I could fold on that, although I don't know how helpful a 250MHz chip would be. Is there a console version for Linux?

FordGT90Concept Jul 20, 2008, 03:43am EDT Report Abuse
There is one available for download. I don't know if it is console or not...
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

FordGT90Concept Jul 20, 2008, 04:26am EDT Report Abuse
I went ahead and did it. Please sticky this one:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/72055/

Unsticky and lock this one:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/27845/

Vitaliy (Administrator) Jul 20, 2008, 09:42am EDT Report Abuse
FordGT90Concept said:
I went ahead and did it. Please sticky this one:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/72055/

Unsticky and lock this one:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/27845/

Done.

FordGT90Concept Jul 20, 2008, 10:19am EDT Report Abuse
Thanks. :D

Gerritt Jul 28, 2008, 09:10pm EDT Report Abuse
Tonight, for the first time, I found myself trying to use the search feature for a post that I'd seen before, but couldn't remember when.
In a search that returned hundreds if not thousands of hits, I had no way to sort them, or skip to the end.
By default the search was oldest to newest, with no way to alter the display to newest to oldest, or to skip to the end.
I was left trying to page through at 5 pages maximum.
The additional sort functions should be easily accomplished.

Ad Astra Per Aspera
~Vel Aug 06, 2008, 03:52am EDT Report Abuse
Ditto on the above.

Also thinking of any way to auto-close/lock topics that haven't had a post in over a year (or something of the sort).

FordGT90Concept Sep 28, 2008, 11:23am EDT Report Abuse
I have received two private messages that should have been replied directly to the thread. I think something needs to be more clear than "Send Message" so that new users don't reply to an individual rather than the thread. "Private Message" would be better but I think someone could come up with something even better than that.

Gerritt Sep 29, 2008, 07:02pm EDT Report Abuse
FordGT90Concept said:
I have received two private messages that should have been replied directly to the thread. I think something needs to be more clear than "Send Message" so that new users don't reply to an individual rather than the thread. "Private Message" would be better but I think someone could come up with something even better than that.

Two, well, maybe you need to try to understand some of the postings, before you just smack them down. I'm begining to wonder if you actually have a job, based upon your postings. But that may just be me.

Ad Astra Per Aspera
FordGT90Concept Sep 29, 2008, 07:15pm EDT Report Abuse
Huh? They were messages from new users (both users have under 10 posts). One was trying to reply to what I said in a thread and ended up sending a PM rather than a response to the thread. The other, I am not sure.

Edit: Since it is relevant to the discussion, here is the PM's (user names withheld):
Aug 20

Hi thanks for your reply. I brough the laptop from a friend but he cant remember the user password so we were trying to reinstall the OS, but we need it to bootup from the cd-rom.
So we need to get into the bios but it is asking for password.

Sep 28

Thanks for replying. I actually have yahoo as my home page on firefox as well so there isn't a problem there.

Note the first statement in both. :P

I'm not attacking anyone here. I think these mistakes are easy to prevent...

Bitmap Sep 30, 2008, 03:10am EDT Report Abuse
Gerritt said:
FordGT90Concept said:

Two, well, maybe you need to try to understand some of the postings, before you just smack them down. I'm begining to wonder if you actually have a job, based upon your postings. But that may just be me.

o.O

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.