Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 551 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 26 - 04:08am EDT 
Hardware Analysis
      
Forums Product Prices
  Contents 
 
 

  Latest Topics 
 

More >>
 

    
 
 

  You Are Here: 
 
/ Forums / Off Topic /
 

  DO IT 
 
 Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Suspended User May 21, 2008, 09:59pm EDT Report Abuse
http://www.animalsaviors.org/petition.html

Please sign up for this.

If you have a strong stomach then watch the video, if not, then don't. It is one of the saddest videos I have ever seen.


Want to enjoy fewer advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Meats_Of_Evil May 22, 2008, 02:40am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Well after reading it I signed it and theres a cute dog licking his nose on the Thank you note. :D

After reading "skinning live animals" I couldn't watch the video, don't want to get depressed over this. But a worthy petition nonetheless. If you find more then you should posts all petitions against animal skinning.

Hmmm... isn't it weird that we ( At least me) feel more sad when they do this to dogs and cats more than when they do it to other animals? Let's say they do it to rats or rabbits to get some rat/rabbit fur, I probably wouldn't mind that much maybe because rats and bunnies reproduce like a bee hive when you hit it with a rock. Guess Dogs and Cats have become such a loved pet that we feel the need to defend them more than any other animal.

Hmmm... Now what kind of morality is this? I can't watch the show where they show the beaten dogs and cats on Animal Planet anymore but I can and keep watching Andrew Zimmern eat rat meat on the Travel channel with all those dead rats hanging by their tale skinned and waiting to be cooked.

What's wrong with me? :|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Suspended User May 22, 2008, 05:13am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Human beings have become too 'connected' to cats and dogs.

We slaughter cows and lambs without a flinch.

But then, you wouldn't have a cow protect you from danger, or lie on your bed with you. And they just aren't as 'cute' I guess.

Nathan Daniels May 22, 2008, 12:21pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Well I can't stand ANY animal be tortured. I freak out when I step on my cat's tail. The reason is, animals can't understand why they are suffering. They feel all the pain but they don't know why. Now, I am fine with humans suffering, just as long as they deserve it.

EDIT: I am not a vegetarian. I just try to assume the cow I am eating was slaughtered in a very humane way.

--------
"The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war."
-Patton
Bungle May 22, 2008, 12:42pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
I have no issues with eating animals, no matter what you do something else is going to have to die if you are going to survive. However I do have issues with slaughtering animails in a way that exposes them to un-necessary amounts of pain. Its just cruel, I certainly don't want to go in a slow painful manner and I'm sure they don't want to either.

Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H | 32GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance
2x EVGA GTX 780 SLI | 256GB OCZ Vector SSD | 4TB Hitachi 7K4000
Corsair AX1200 PSU | Corsair 650D | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
May 22, 2008, 01:01pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Jim H May 22, 2008, 09:42am PDT
I have no issues with eating animals, no matter what you do something else is going to have to die if you are going to survive. However I do have issues with slaughtering animails in a way that exposes them to un-necessary amounts of pain. Its just cruel, I certainly don't want to go in a slow painful manner and I'm sure they don't want to either.

I'm with you on all points.

Gerritt May 22, 2008, 07:01pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
I watched the video.
I found the handling of the animals to be inhumane, but did not see anything to indicate that the animals were being skinned alive.
About an hour ago, my family dog ate a poached salmon that I had prepared for my wifes birthday, so he did come close to being skinned alive himself.
I've recently watched a documentary about PETA, and in that movie they did show animals being skinned alive, but by Eastern Europeans, not the vile Chinese.
I am a meat eater, and hunter, but by no means a sadist, so do find this treatment of any animal, human included, to be unacceptable. When I was around 12 years old, I went out hunting on my uncles land. I saw and shot a raccoon. He sat on the porch and watched me skin it. When I threw the carcass aside, he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was getting the skin, but if he wanted me to dispose of the carcass somewhere else I would. He looked at me for a few moments, then told me....If you kill it, You eat it. Let me clue you all in, you heard it here at HWA first! Raccoon does NOT taste like chicken! I've never fur or trophy hunted since then.
I've swerved to miss a opposum in the road and done $1000s of dollars damage to my car. I regularly stop to move turtles anywhere from a couple of ounces to about 40 pounds out of the road. But love turtle soup, feral hog and venison, though I suspect that opposum taste a lot like raccoon.
IF you want to protest something in China, how about land speculators and party officials evicting humans from their homes with little or no compensation for the sole purpose of making money...

Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
Dr. Peaceful May 22, 2008, 07:11pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Gerritt said:
... About an hour ago, my family dog ate a poached salmon that I had prepared for my wifes birthday...

Ha, ha, ha. I can't hep it, your dog do know what's best to eat. ;)

Gerritt May 22, 2008, 08:30pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Grrrr....I spoil the pup!
I had placed the meal on the table and gone back to my home office not more than 6 minutes before she got home. Table was all set. He ate the salmon in about 1 minute...the SOB!
This stupid aminal even came up to nuzzle me in the interem....
Dang it!
He's like an idiot son, you have to support him, even when he does wrong.
This is definately a "western" mentality about pets, or animals, as when I travel, animals other than humans take less precidence than they do here.
Maybe I should just "choke him out" vs. killing the SOB.....naw, I can't do that either.

Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
Suspended User May 22, 2008, 10:54pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Well, I firmly believe that dogs are for outside only, hence the fact they can not clean themselves.


Scumbag Blues May 22, 2008, 11:07pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Gerritt said:
I watched the video.
I found the handling of the animals to be inhumane, but did not see anything to indicate that the animals were being skinned alive.
About an hour ago, my family dog ate a poached salmon that I had prepared for my wifes birthday, so he did come close to being skinned alive himself.
I've recently watched a documentary about PETA, and in that movie they did show animals being skinned alive, but by Eastern Europeans, not the vile Chinese.
I am a meat eater, and hunter, but by no means a sadist, so do find this treatment of any animal, human included, to be unacceptable. When I was around 12 years old, I went out hunting on my uncles land. I saw and shot a raccoon. He sat on the porch and watched me skin it. When I threw the carcass aside, he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was getting the skin, but if he wanted me to dispose of the carcass somewhere else I would. He looked at me for a few moments, then told me....If you kill it, You eat it. Let me clue you all in, you heard it here at HWA first! Raccoon does NOT taste like chicken! I've never fur or trophy hunted since then.
I've swerved to miss a opposum in the road and done $1000s of dollars damage to my car. I regularly stop to move turtles anywhere from a couple of ounces to about 40 pounds out of the road. But love turtle soup, feral hog and venison, though I suspect that opposum taste a lot like raccoon.
IF you want to protest something in China, how about land speculators and party officials evicting humans from their homes with little or no compensation for the sole purpose of making money...

Gerritt


Watch the videos on the home page... absolutely horrifying... HOW CAN YOU DO THAT!? Is there NO HUMANITY LEFT IN THOSE PEOPLE?

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
Nathan Daniels May 22, 2008, 11:22pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Kieran Blenkarne said:
Well, I firmly believe that dogs are for outside only, hence the fact they can not clean themselves.



I firmly disagree. My dog weighs more than me (he is 170 lbs) and he is an inside dog.

--------
"The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war."
-Patton
Suspended User May 23, 2008, 12:11am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Exactly, so it should be outside.....

They're designed to endure elements, not to be cosy inside by the fire. Dogs are tough.

Suspended User May 23, 2008, 12:14am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Also, I am with Gerrit on the hunting.

I ahve been brought up to hunt for food, not how many points you get off a head.

I don't know how much venison I have eaten, nor how many rabbits.

But I shoot possums not for food, but to kill them. They are our biggest pest ( introduced form Australia ) and destroy our native bush.

Maestro May 23, 2008, 12:58am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Gerrit...I am chinese in origin, I certainly don't think that I am "vile".
I think that westerners tend to like to pick on China, and Chinese people in general

Gerritt May 23, 2008, 02:30pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Maestro said:
Gerrit...I am chinese in origin, I certainly don't think that I am "vile".
I think that westerners tend to like to pick on China, and Chinese people in general

Maestro,
It is not my contention that Chinese people are vile as stated, but that as depicted in the video, and the associated text this is the country that you should be angry at. I was trying to point out that this is not a regional or Chinese issue, but a worldwide one, and that the Chinese should not be singled out.
My appologies for any mis-representation on my part.
Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
Meats_Of_Evil May 25, 2008, 02:28pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: DO IT
Gerritt said:
Grrrr....I spoil the pup!
I had placed the meal on the table and gone back to my home office not more than 6 minutes before she got home. Table was all set. He ate the salmon in about 1 minute...the SOB!
This stupid aminal even came up to nuzzle me in the interem....
Dang it!
He's like an idiot son, you have to support him, even when he does wrong.
This is definately a "western" mentality about pets, or animals, as when I travel, animals other than humans take less precidence than they do here.
Maybe I should just "choke him out" vs. killing the SOB.....naw, I can't do that either.

Gerritt


Nah man, what you should do is watch The Dog Whisperer until you get the hang of his techniques. When I sold my previous Pc to gain money to make the one I have now I was without a Pc and since I can't stand to use the touchpad on the laptops so the only thing I did was watch Tv all day. It really paid off, I watch a couple of marathons of The Dog whisperer probably like 12 hours all put together, and I'm now what he calls the pack leader or the Alpha male :_) You see, my shih-tzu was really stubborn eating our food and not his own, biting visitors in home and other annoying naughty stuff. So after learning Cesar's techniques I noticed the difference in about 1 week, now he is more obedient, eats his food, stops barking with the command of my voice and stops doing certain actions with the snip of my fingers. Very effective indeed.

Nathan Daniels said:
Kieran Blenkarne said:
Well, I firmly believe that dogs are for outside only, hence the fact they can not clean themselves.



I firmly disagree. My dog weighs more than me (he is 170 lbs) and he is an inside dog.


I too disagree, as my shih-tzu only weighs 12 or 15 pounds and is very obedient now.

My dog:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/Meats_Of_Evil/DSCN0320.jpg

awww :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.


 

    
 
 

  Topic Tools 
 
RSS UpdatesRSS Updates
 

  Newsletter 
 
A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.