Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 902 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 25 - 03:30pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Crysis Warhead Performance 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Michael C Sep 24, 2008, 02:16pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Crysis Warhead Performance
Does anyone have an idea of what my 3DMark06 score should be? I haven't run it yet but I am going to do it tonight I figure it should be over 15,000 or higher am I correct?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
TamTheBam Sep 24, 2008, 02:56pm EDT Report Abuse
Kieran Blenkarne said:
Micahel that is bizarre. I run it on Enthusiast and get a steady 30-35 FPS, and on gamer I get 45+, and my system is slower than yours.

Something isnt right.

What res you running on?

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Suspended User Sep 24, 2008, 03:42pm EDT Report Abuse
1280x1024 ( the max my 19" LCD can do )

Michael, I would guess 12500-13000ish

Michael C Sep 24, 2008, 04:37pm EDT Report Abuse
I've looked at some similar systems and they're getting like 14000-16000 for my system, I hope my pc yields similar results!

I am running Warhead on 1280x1024 also.

Maestro Sep 24, 2008, 06:05pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Decent rig?
EDIT: Stupid ASUS security manager logged me in automatically and with a previous post in the body haha. Michael, I don't think that Crysis is as quad-core optimised as it should as well. My friend has the exact same setup as me, but with a Q6600 which I did a mild oc on. It is running at 3Ghz and his Crysis performance is lower than mine. To be fair, your system and my system would probably have similar Crysis performance (you have faster proc but I think my gfx pulls slightly ahead), and atm on normal Crysis I probably get around 30fps with everything on very high, 2x AA and running at 1440*900. If warhead is getting 45+ on your system, then to me that would be a reasonable advancement. I am atm downloading it off steam so will run i and see how I go.

Michael C Sep 24, 2008, 06:37pm EDT Report Abuse
Well I ran 3DMark06 for the first time on this pc and I can say I'm suprised! lol.

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action;jsessionid=3C17703A4...310A5244B7

16443 is WAY more than I was expecting for some reason, (everything I buy seems worse) but I am very happy with that score indeed. That is with my 9800GTX+ at stock speeds also! I am going to a basketball game right now but when I get back I'm going to bump my card up to the optimal overclock settings and run this again, I have a feeling I will hit 18 ?

I think I am maybe being too picky about my FPS in Warhead... :(

That sounds good Mastreo, let me know how it goes. Also you should run 3dmark06 and show me your scores.

Maestro Sep 24, 2008, 09:15pm EDT Report Abuse
3DMark06, unfortunately, are one of those programs that are multi-core optimised. At stock 4870 speeds I get just over 14K. I am considering a quaddie for benchmarks, but dont know if I can justify the cost on a system that is giong to be superseded by the end of the year :(

Michael C Sep 24, 2008, 09:48pm EDT Report Abuse
With a medium gpu overclock I got a new score - 17491 http://service.futuremark.com/home.action;jsessionid=02C8651AB...6C24323B3B

I hope to hit 18000 after some more tweaking and overclocking =)

Michael C Sep 25, 2008, 04:53pm EDT Report Abuse
Well I've tried Crysis original out on the same settings as Warhead and found that they both run very similar...odd.

Bungle Sep 25, 2008, 05:42pm EDT Report Abuse
Michael C said:
Well I've tried Crysis original out on the same settings as Warhead and found that they both run very similar...odd.

well they are running the same engine. :/

Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H | 32GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance
2x EVGA GTX 780 SLI | 256GB OCZ Vector SSD | 4TB Hitachi 7K4000
Corsair AX1200 PSU | Corsair 650D | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Meats_Of_Evil Sep 25, 2008, 11:07pm EDT Report Abuse
Haha!, exactly. IF your doing a comparison the do it on the same settings for both games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Michael C Sep 26, 2008, 09:11am EDT Report Abuse
How does that matter? Warhead was said to improve on performance, they obviously lied since it runs the same or worse than the original Crysis. I beat it last night, it wasn't great by any means but it was okay. I generally don't get a good feeling from Crysis, that feeling that makes it a really awesome game, something like Mass Effect interests me more. Fun shooter though.

Scumbag Blues Sep 26, 2008, 11:25am EDT Report Abuse
Michael C said:
How does that matter? Warhead was said to improve on performance, they obviously lied since it runs the same or worse than the original Crysis. I beat it last night, it wasn't great by any means but it was okay. I generally don't get a good feeling from Crysis, that feeling that makes it a really awesome game, something like Mass Effect interests me more. Fun shooter though.

It definitely runs smoother for me. I never go below 30 FPS in Warhead whereas in the original, I would sometimes fall below that "threshold". The guns look funky. :P

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
Meats_Of_Evil Sep 26, 2008, 07:56pm EDT Report Abuse
Michael C said:

Well to me at least. If it does perform better than the original Crysis in the same settings then it does indeed perform better and is better optimized. Considering you could barely run the Very High settings in the original and you managed to run the Very high equivalent in this one pretty good.

You can't compare very good the performance gain if you're not using the same settings. Because, it's like saying that since Crysis at medium settings runs at 70fps and the Enthusiast settings in Warhead runs at 35fps then Warhead is not as optimized as Crysis since I don't get 70fps.

Something like that... I just bought the game so I'm off to play. :_)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.