Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 551 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 03 - 02:28pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Car Audio .. **** Computers 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
G. G. Oct 08, 2008, 06:40pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Car Audio .. **** Computers
You would be fine with either one of those subs.... Pioneer would be the better one but the Infinity would match your other speakers.... so its kinda one half dozen or another....

Personally I dont like sub inside the trunk.... for me its kinda muddy by the time the bass has to fight through the metal and back seat materials. I would rather some how fit the sub within the confines of the cabin. Just imagine that you had a full home theater setup and then you go to move the powered sub to the adjacent room...... the sub wouldnt be so tight or strong as it would be in the same room.... but you gotta do what you gotta do.... In order to get the front side of the sub into the cabin would require some customization for sure.....

The deck you choosen would be fine for your purpose. Anything else will drive up the cost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Michael C Oct 08, 2008, 08:29pm EDT Report Abuse
Yeah I think I am going with the Pioneer sub. The deck looks pretty good but I've found something that might match it or be better, what do you think is the better of these two?

Pioneer - http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&lan...amp;catid=

Sony - http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&lan...amp;catid=

Michael C Oct 08, 2008, 08:33pm EDT Report Abuse
Also, the guy working at the store recommended I get this amp...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&lan...mp;catid=#

Is that brand even good?

Supreet Virdi Oct 09, 2008, 01:29pm EDT Report Abuse
Those sub, amp and Head Unit SUCKS!, especially that Head Unit, it only has two pre-outs. You won't get the bass, go with two amps, one driving your sub and one for your front and rear speakers, for sub I'd suggest mono bloc amp. Good companies that make amp are Polk, audison and Hertz

Get Blaupunkt Velocity VW300 Sub WITH ported enclosure + Head Unit with at least three preouts (sub+front+rear) and one amp (mono recommended, especially for Velocity VW300, should be atleast 2000W peak and 1000W RMS) for sub and amp for front+rear

Michael C Oct 09, 2008, 03:58pm EDT Report Abuse
ya well i'm cheap k

Supreet Virdi Oct 10, 2008, 05:11am EDT Report Abuse
So?

I'm telling you whats best, those amps/sub/enclosure aren't that expensive, you want good mixture, your front and rear aren't that bad, a good sub, Head Unit and an amp is what you want.

I'd start looking into Kenwood/Alpine/Pioneer with three pre-outs for the head unit, I'd stay away from sony and blaupunkt for Head units because they're simply over-priced.

Then I'd look for sub, since you've corolla, I'd atleast get Velocity VW 250 if not VW 300, then I'd get good 4.1 amp (Blaupunkt GTA 460) to drive front+rear speakers. Another amp mono (should be approximately $400-500 for 2000W peak).

If you don't want to spend money on mono amp, then get good 2.1amp only for the sub (should be approx 640 W peak not more than $100). But then you don't need even VW 250. Any sub you've mentioned would work fine.

Rooin Oct 11, 2008, 03:18pm EDT Report Abuse
Supreet Virdi said:
Yo guys! What's up!

Right, I've thrown away my computer in junk (not literally, just the hobby) and admired Mobile Audio, yes, car audio, I've recently blown up around $ 1000+ on car audio setup, that includes couple of amplifiers, and I'm lovin it, livin! loud!

So, people, its far better, throw your computers away, throw your graphic cards away, throw all the games you've and enjoy MUSIC!!!

Hahah, not Madonna's Music :P!

All I got to stay to that is:
Computer Junkie & Audiophile FTW!

Slap some Logitech -Z5500's on your PC, excellent PC speakers!

an in my car:
Custom white acrylic box with 2- 12" Rockford Hx2's (2ohm)
DVC - 2000w Peak/ea