Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1173 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 12:42pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 03:35pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question?
I just have to rip this apart with my opinion real quick:

+Project Natal - Not released and not sure if it will be anytime soon and who knows how good it will be.
+Online community and play - Good, sure. But the PS3's is not far behind.
+Exclusives - 360 has hardly any good exclusives, PS3 has a crazy amount of excellent ones.
+Warranty - 54% RROD still, you're going to need all the Warranty you can get.
+Playstation 3 - Failure rate between 1-10%.

You can get a PS3 and play with your friends also, this is not a limitation of the PS3. I think they should start writing that on the box.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Nic J Nov 10, 2009, 03:51pm EST Report Abuse
+True there is no official release date but it is assumed to be be late 2010 - It's something to look forward to and it'd be best to buy the 360 now rather than when that comes out so it's not all that money up front ya hurr
+Again I have no idea (for the ps3) but if it's better it is better.
+Doesn't matter, if you love the Halo series what does it matter if PS3 has Uncharted 1 and 2 and other such very awesome games? PGR is also the best racing game that I have ever played (haven't played them all though) and thats an exclusive if I remember correctly.
+54% - it's still including the old ones not 54% of the new ones coming out if I'm not mistaken (maybe I am? Do you have a link?) - also a lot of these failures were user error as well. (putting the power brick on shaggy carpets, plugging it into UPS' rather that directly into the wall, putting them in small areas with no air flow) may seem trivial but it's all over the instructions not to do that stuff.
+The fan noise issues have been increasing especially with the Slim apparently - grinding noises. Might not be failures at the moment but who knows.

You can pick at ANY response I give and I could at any you give for the playstation 3. Like I said I love them both but nothing is perfect. If you want something to be worse it can be, but you won't be able to convince me as I won't be able to you.

--------
Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 04:04pm EST Report Abuse
Yeah, I'm too tired to debate about this about this anymore and it's going nowhere!

LEntless Nov 10, 2009, 06:10pm EST Report Abuse
Didn't I say on page 2 or 3 that this thread should die before it goes out of control because of MC? I knew when I saw 2 more pages added for today, things were going out of control.

Advice to you- let it go, Jesus. Worry about your own money, not some random guy's...especially one that you didn't meet. ;)

The thread should have been killed off when he bought his 360....can someone just lock it now?

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.