Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 910 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s January 19 - 08:03pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>
mothow Oct 08, 2009, 05:09pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question?
My brother has a PS3 and his locks up all the time.I just dont like his.Maybe his is faulty but he loves it and swears it only happens when i play it..lol

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Michael C Oct 09, 2009, 10:53am EDT Report Abuse
It's broken then.

Plug & Play Oct 09, 2009, 11:30am EDT Report Abuse

They both suck as.s.

Get a Sega Dreamcast.......CRAZZZZZZY TAXIIIIIII

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
LEntless Oct 09, 2009, 12:30pm EDT Report Abuse
MC

How so?

^^lol. DC was the best system in it's day.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

bossa ritchie Oct 10, 2009, 07:20am EDT Report Abuse
You can't really go wrong with either in my opinion, the games are more or less the same, you would be probally better seeing what console your freinds own and going that way as it will mean you can go online with your mates.

As for Controller I love the 360 but I know a few PS3 fanboys who say the PS3 1 is better, if SONY would swap the left thumbstick and D-Pad around their controller would be much better as I find it more awkward in some games, FPS games I feel are more suited to the 360 Controller.

BTW I Own both consoles.

Chad Mcaulay Oct 16, 2009, 02:08pm EDT Report Abuse
I enjoy the 360 controller more for FPS games as well. While I don't own a PS3, I do think that I would like PS3 controller better for fighting games since I liked the PS2 controller for those type of games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: Outdated
Suspended User Oct 16, 2009, 06:49pm EDT Report Abuse
I am going to Best Buy today to pick up a 360

Meats_Of_Evil Oct 16, 2009, 07:06pm EDT Report Abuse
Your loss you know. I don't own neither but from what I understand the PS3 has more exclusive titles that are only available in the PS3! Think about it. Some of the best Xbox games are available on the Pc and have better graphics than either console can offer. So why not settle for a PS3? I played Uncharted 2 yesterday on my neighbors house and I've never had so much fun playing a game before. The game is very enjoyable even if you're not playing as it has many intense action moments and so many well placed cinematics that it feels like a freaking movie. It's like if Indiana Jones and the guy from National treasure had a baby.

There are other exclusives that outnumber that which xbox360 offers so it's more appealing imo. Also, blu-ray is a plus, but If you're planning to buy a BD burner for your future Pc then you're good to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Michael C Oct 16, 2009, 07:20pm EDT Report Abuse
I know Meats! He's making a mistake!

I bought Uncharted 2(of course) and it is amazing! I'm almost done the game and will probably be finished with it tonight, been playing it like crazy lol. It's even better than the first, which seems impossible...

The PS3 exclusive games are MUCH better than the Xbox games. Like you said, you can get most 360 games on PC. You'd be missing out on MGS4, KillZone 2, Resistance 1&2, Uncharted 1 & 2, GT5 etc...I just couldn't have that.

LEntless Oct 16, 2009, 11:08pm EDT Report Abuse
On the other hand, there are lots of great games for the 360 that are exclusive to the console, but if he wanted to get a player...then he would be better off getting the ps3 as it's cheaper. If he wants to play with buddies, then the 360 would last a while, I guess. I can see the next gen of consoles coming out in 3 or 4 years anyway.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

Michael C Oct 17, 2009, 12:09am EDT Report Abuse
The only exclusive game I know of that's any good for the 360 is Halo lmao. Either way, no game beats MGS4, and if you don't like MGS4 - no game beats Uncharted 1&2.

BlazeYDH Nov 04, 2009, 03:03am EST Report Abuse
If you're one for backup copies, last I heard the PS3 does NOT have any firmware or chip mods. While the 360 does. Both systems have a lot of the same games.

Xbox specific titles would be Halo of course, prototype and maybe a couple others.

PS3 has infamous, killzone 2 and maybe a couple others.

The PS3 lets you easily swap in a regular hard drive so you don't have to pay Sony mark up for the bigger size. As far as the 360 goes, I've heard theirs a mod out there so you can buy a regular hard drive and make it usable on the 360, but I never looked into it. The hard drive is necessary for map packs and add ons. I have the 20 gig but am running out of space... I'd recommend the 60 gig at least, unless you're not a bigger gamer then 20 will do you good.

Xbox Live is much better than PS3 network. Only catch is Xbox Live costs $50-60 a year. While PS3 is free.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~
Blaze, putting the Hard Anal in Hardware Analysis.
Michael C Nov 04, 2009, 04:02am EST Report Abuse
Microsoft has recently announced that anyone modding their Xbox 360 in any way will be banned from Xbox Live. The PS3 network is not at all as bad as the rumors proclaim, and for some games is on par with Live.

The PS3 has a few others...eh? Lets put this in perspective - all Exclusive games, rated 9.0 and over. After seeing this, and you still want a 360 - you should see a doctor.

Metal Gear Solid 4
KillZone 2
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Theives
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Demon's Souls
Folklore
Infamous
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
GT5: Prologue (GT5 Full Game soon)
God of War 1, 2, 3.
LittleBigPlanet
WipEout HD
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

And that's not to mention it can play almost any other game that's out. I shouldn't even have to mention the Blu-Ray capabilities which the 360 lacks.

So what does the 360 have, that can compare to all of that? Not a damn thing.

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 04, 2009, 10:08am EST Report Abuse
If I'm not mistaken there's another Ratchet and Clank game coming to PS3. It looked incredible, they expanded the game in such a way that's for me it's oon it's own scale of platformer games.

Damn it I loved Ratchet and clank for my PS2 :( I had the first 2 games.

The PS2 is hands down the best console ever made, nothing has yet as much exclusives or as much perfect games as the PS2 had.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEntless Nov 04, 2009, 02:38pm EST Report Abuse
^A better controller, and great online for the limited number of games.

Shawn Langley Nov 04, 2009, 03:03pm EST Report Abuse
Michael C said:
So what does the 360 have, that can compare to all of that? Not a damn thing.

Sounds very fan-boy-ish to me..... but I wont spend the time on a counter argument as its been done to death

FYI Microsoft's stance has always been to ban people who are modding / pirating this isn't something new at all..... and by no means does it mean they will succeed if your smart about what your doing.... not playing games on-line before their released is a common one

I think in the end it boils down to both consoles are fairly equal overall, by no means is one leaps and bounds better than the other, nor is one more flawed than the other, personal preference plays a massive part.... for now at least until Xbox Natal and 3D from the PS3 camp hit town, things might change.

Id just like to point out I'm not a die hard 360 owner hiding from the truth, I love both consoles and I think the competition is great for consumers, I have Christmas plans to add a PS3 to the space reserved for it on my TV stand, for some of the reasons your mentioned like BluRay and a few exclusives I just cant resist.....

Having voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, when you lose the argument, you're in trouble.
Michael C Nov 04, 2009, 03:20pm EST Report Abuse
I'm not a fanboy of anything, I just choose what is the best. I owned a 360 for over a year and now that I own a PS3 I just feel stupid for missing out on it. I can't really see why anyone would want a 360 at this point, it is practically dying out while the PS3 keeps getting better.

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 04, 2009, 03:41pm EST Report Abuse
Michael C (34292) said on Nov 04, 2009 at 03:20pm EST:
I'm not a fanboy of anything, I just choose what is the best.

Lol that does sound like fanboyz!

Michael C Nov 04, 2009, 03:54pm EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
Michael C (34292) said on Nov 04, 2009 at 03:20pm EST:
I'm not a fanboy of anything, I just choose what is the best.

Lol that does sound like fanboyz!

lol how so? Are you saying that everyone who buys the best thing, because it's better, is a fanboy? How is that being a fanboy? In that case, mostly everyone in the the world(who isn't a complete idiot) is a fanboy?

TamTheBam Nov 04, 2009, 04:28pm EST Report Abuse
Michael C said:
The only exclusive game I know of that's any good for the 360 is Halo lmao. Either way, no game beats MGS4, and if you don't like MGS4 - no game beats Uncharted 1&2.

Tell me something Michael... is there any gaming hardware format that has ANY f**kING
DECENT GAMES THAT YOU f**kIN LIKE? Just asking....

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.