Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 741 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 07:36pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>
Michael C Nov 04, 2009, 04:48pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question?
Sure is, perhaps you've missed some of my posts? Here's some games that I absolutely love, if you really need to see this.

PS3:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
KillZone 2
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Theives
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Demon's Souls
GT5: Prologue (GT5 Full Game soon)

360:

Gears of War 2
Halo 3

PC:

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
The Witcher
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind & Oblivion
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Devil May Cry 3 & 4
Bioshock
F.E.A.R 1
The Suffering
Call of Duty 4
Half-Life 2

Is that good? Now you know what kinds of games I like, happy?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Meats_Of_Evil Nov 04, 2009, 06:36pm EST Report Abuse
I'm a PC fanboy! And there's a possibility that Plug the leprechaun led me to believe I might be an Nvidia fanboy as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Nic J Nov 04, 2009, 09:35pm EST Report Abuse
I'll start off my saying that I have both.

There are clearly defences for either game and each has it's strengths, it's whatever you want in the end. I prefer my Xbox 360 because I have more friends on it and most of the games I play on it are online so it's a blast. It has some of my favorite console exclusives - Halo being the big one and Left 4 Dead. I'm only starting to get into PC games now that I have a good PC (lol) but my girlfriend loves left 4 dead as well... might get the second one for PC... but anyway. A lot of people go on about having to buy a wireless adaptor for the 360 but I'd rather have to buy that which isn't something needed than pay 50 bucks for a blutooth headset for online play buttt anyway.

I have yet to actually play my playstation online, mostly because I haven't gotten the headset yet and don't want to be that mute F#$% ruining the game but to say I haven't been enjoying it would be a lie. Uncharted 1 and 2 are amazing games and I haven't even tried 2 online yet (see a few lines ago). I am impressed by the Playstation 3 though, but since I bought it for the BluRay and an odd game here and there it wasn't hard.

If someone said I could only have 1, I'd pick my 360 because that is where I have most of my friends online. The RROD isn't that common of an issue anymore and MS has acknowledged it and have fixed it so I wouldn't worry about that unless you are getting a used one and aren't sure when it's from.

If you have a big TV that is HD compatible and didn't have friend on XBL and weren't into Halo I'd say get a PS3, but if thats where your friends are... I say 360 all the way. Either way, you are bound to have fun.

And I agree Michael C is a total Fanboy :P LMAO

--------
Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
Michael C Nov 04, 2009, 09:54pm EST Report Abuse
Playing with your real life friends is the only logical reason I can see to buy the 360, but that could be the case with the PS3 also - depending on your friends. A more likely scenario is that your friends made a bad decision for buying a 360 in the first place, so now you have to also to be able to play with them.

LEntless Nov 04, 2009, 10:00pm EST Report Abuse
Nic J said:
I'll start off my saying that I have both.

I prefer my Xbox 360 because I have more friends on it and most of the games I play on it are online so it's a blast. It has some of my favorite console exclusives - Halo being the big one and Left 4 Dead.

Huh? :D

ROFL at MC.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

Nic J Nov 05, 2009, 08:07pm EST Report Abuse
'Bad decision' or not waiting for the PS3 to come out... they didn't release at the same time at all so that helps. Besides, you bought a 360 when you could have bought a PS3 and you know you enjoyed it at the time.

I still don't see how there is a bad decision in this case assuming that you are looking for just a gaming platform.

If you plan to get into BluRay at any point you might as well just get a playstation 3.

If you want to play online with your friends and they have a 360 get one of those and then get a ps3 later as your new 'bluray player' and then you have both and your all set.

I worded it wrong with the L4D yes... -_-

--------
LEntless Nov 06, 2009, 12:44am EST Report Abuse
Yeah...more or less correct.

It's not like one is INFERIOR to the other, but for 75% of people, there should be a clear winner. And the sales prove this.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

Michael C Nov 06, 2009, 01:50am EST Report Abuse
The 360 is inferior to the PS3. There, I said it.

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 06, 2009, 02:42am EST Report Abuse
Yet the Wii is Inferior to both and look at them sales :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael C Nov 06, 2009, 01:22pm EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
Yet the Wii is Inferior to both and look at them sales :cool:

Never even thought of that...so, so true. You picking up Dragon Age Meats? I bought it the other day, good game. I'm kind of stuck on Demon's Souls right now though so haven't have too much time to play it.

LEntless Nov 06, 2009, 01:36pm EST Report Abuse
/thread.

Ecosse Nov 06, 2009, 08:42pm EST Report Abuse
360 as it's about to go Blu-ray and kick the ass off of Sony. :_) (I hope)

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20090720043531..._Time.html

Ecosse

Specs here > > > > > http://tinyurl.com/ecosse08
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael C Nov 06, 2009, 08:47pm EST Report Abuse
Yeah, probably not going to happen - plus it's an 'addon', which means not built in. Unfortunately, Sony has won this console battle. We'll have to await the next series of consoles to see who wins that.

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 07, 2009, 01:47am EST Report Abuse
You know it Michael! I'm planning on buying Borderlands also. But I'm up to my ass with studies. There's a huge crisis here about unemployment and the government keeps laying off workers and there have been many many strikes in the Universities of Puerto Rico, especially where I study. We have missed so many weekends that we're schedule to finish on December 24th! And with the recent strike that got me free today I think that date will be extended further, so the professors are dropping the avalanche of work on us just so we can hurry up and finish earlier. Damn it I wish I could play a new game, let alone an RPG :(

Might as well add it to my Christmas list.

Shawn Langley Nov 07, 2009, 01:47am EST Report Abuse
No denying PS3 is more powerfull specifcation wise..... but in number of units sold / owned Ill go out on a limb and say Xbox is at least 1/3 more.... its a tad naive to say Sony won any sort of battle if they are loosing money per console sold and have a smaller customer base humm?

As for blu-ray xbox.... admitedly it does suck to add it as an add-on but without existing customers having to purchase a new gen xbox, if thier was such thing, its the best idea they could have come up with after betting on the wrong horse with HDDVD, not to mention it will only hurt the PS3 more as its one of its biggest features, especialy if microsoft can get the price right.

Having voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, when you lose the argument, you're in trouble.
TamTheBam Nov 07, 2009, 04:04am EST Report Abuse
Michael C said:
Yeah, probably not going to happen - plus it's an 'addon', which means not built in. Unfortunately, Sony has won this console battle. We'll have to await the next series of consoles to see who wins that.

SONY aint won feck all! You're a Sony fan boy. Even if Sony's losing or even
bust to you, they've still won.

Show us your proof!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Nic J Nov 07, 2009, 09:13am EST Report Abuse
lol, yeah man Sony did not win the console war this time. There system is 'more powerful' perhaps in regards to the bluray player aspect of it but their Sales haven't beaten the PS3. The BluRay player is a huge incentive and their lower prices may have increased above the 360s for a few months (those months only not overall if I'm not mistaken) but still not at the same numbers. The 360 went with the wrong format (HD DVDs) when I thought it was pretty obvious BluRay was going to win out. :P

Anyway, they are at a low enough price that most people should be able to afford them both if they want. Maybe not at the same time but close together.

--------
TamTheBam Nov 07, 2009, 10:22am EST Report Abuse

No comment yet from the fanboy huh?! Can't provide the proof, because the
company's on a major deficit and you're a lil apprehensive to come up with the goods.
Sure, all console manufacturers have a massive loss when it comes to consoles, and
they make their money from the software and additional hardware, etc.
But Sony's at an all time deficit, that's led to job cuts. Haven't heard this from the
MS side. Either way, I aint a console fan. But since you presented the dreamy facts
about the love of your life... there you have it.
Oh, although I don't have a console, I think all 3 consoles out there, Sony, 360 and Wii
are good machines, it's just folks like you Michael that start the fanboy debates, without
the facts first!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/17605-why-the-playstation-3-wi...krupt-sony

Enjoy....

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 07, 2009, 11:48am EST Report Abuse
MS can't really cut loose people sicne they're busier than ever with their defective consoles lmao!

Screw them all , we have the best weapon in the arsenal Tam! An nvidia card rofl!

TamTheBam Nov 07, 2009, 11:53am EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
MS can't really cut loose people sicne they're busier than ever with their defective consoles lmao!

Screw them all , we have the best weapon in the arsenal Tam! An nvidia card rofl!

Heh well this old 8800 card p**ses over all of 'em! That's enough for me! :P

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.