Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1611 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 22 - 03:53pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>
kOrny Nov 07, 2009, 12:49pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Ecosse Nov 07, 2009, 01:03pm EST Report Abuse
p**s off the lot o ya! - Gamecube is the DADDY here, now pipe down with yer p**sin' n moanin while I get back to Pong >:o

:cool:

Ecosse

Specs here > > > > > http://tinyurl.com/ecosse08
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
TamTheBam Nov 07, 2009, 01:39pm EST Report Abuse
Ecosse said:
p**s off the lot o ya! - Gamecube is the DADDY here, now pipe down with yer p**sin' n moanin while I get back to Pong >:o

:cool:

Awa wi ya! You are right about the Wii though K0rny! Nintendo were onto a winner
right from the start, and then who follows suit with the whift of the gravy train...
Microsoft & Sony..... Should it not be everyone followed suit of Sony??
Ah wait... that stopped during the end of PS1 lmfaOFF!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Michael C Nov 07, 2009, 02:29pm EST Report Abuse

LEntless Nov 07, 2009, 02:41pm EST Report Abuse
The last part is exactly right. The 360 got the leap, but the ps3 will win in the end (or at least have a longer life expectancy).

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

TamTheBam Nov 07, 2009, 02:46pm EST Report Abuse

LMFAO! Check your figures out!

kOrny Nov 07, 2009, 02:47pm EST Report Abuse

DarK_SlayeR Nov 07, 2009, 08:59pm EST Report Abuse
Sales judge the winner, yes. However, imho, the system that looks the best, has the most features, the best selection of games, and the most reliability is the one that is the best.

Therefor, the PC wins hands down.

/thread

-------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 @ stock
Asus P5Q Pro P45
2GB x 2 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
eVGA GTX 550 Ti 1024mb Superclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Michael C Nov 07, 2009, 09:56pm EST Report Abuse
DarK_SlayeR said:
Sales judge the winner, yes. However, imho, the system that looks the best, has the most features, the best selection of games, and the most reliability is the one that is the best.

Therefor, the PC wins hands down.

/thread

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 08, 2009, 12:37am EST Report Abuse
Whoa Dark, you haven't posted in a while!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Nic J Nov 09, 2009, 12:52pm EST Report Abuse
True I did have it happen to me after owning one of the orginals for nearly 3 years, luckily MS took responsabilty for it and fixed it (actually they sent me a referb but whatever) which I have had no issues with. Playstation 3s are as safe as some people make them out to be. They have the YLOD though that is a low % chance of happening but apparently grinding noises / excessive fan noise is somewhat a common issue with the PS3. I looked it up because I was hearing a noise and was like 'oh crap' but luckily mine was just because there was a fingerprint on the disk and the sensor was freaking out.

The PS3 sales sky rocketed not because of the games that are coming out (at least in my opinion) but because of the price. I know if it hadn't been the price it was I wouldn't have bought it and I think you said something similar Mike lol.

I think it's easy to afford both of them anyways, buying both of them is like buying a PS3 when it first came out so just use that as reasoning if you need to

--------
Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
Suspended User Nov 09, 2009, 03:07pm EST Report Abuse

Michael C Nov 09, 2009, 03:34pm EST Report Abuse

Suspended User Nov 09, 2009, 03:51pm EST Report Abuse

kOrny Nov 09, 2009, 04:08pm EST Report Abuse
Yeah.. definately NOT a tie. But now that they are cheaper, they'll obviosly sell more than they were before (and maybe pull ahead in the next year or 2). I feel bad for the people who have the older PS3's. So huge and loud.

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 09, 2009, 04:58pm EST Report Abuse
Hey are those figures the amount they have sold this years or thus far?

IF so then I have the best console of them all.

The PS2 is the best-selling console to date, having reached over 138 million units sold as of August 18, 2009[2] and a software library projected to exceed 1,900 games in 2009.[6] Twenty games are scheduled to be released in 2010, giving the PS2 a marketable life of over a decade, thus continuing the sixth generation.

Yeah that's right PS2 owns them all. It has the most exclusives of any console combined and the most amount of games of all consoles combines.
beat that f**kers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
kOrny Nov 09, 2009, 05:05pm EST Report Abuse
I still have mine too. It plays DVDs!!!!

TamTheBam Nov 09, 2009, 08:27pm EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
Hey are those figures the amount they have sold this years or thus far?

IF so then I have the best console of them all.

The PS2 is the best-selling console to date, having reached over 138 million units sold as of August 18, 2009[2] and a software library projected to exceed 1,900 games in 2009.[6] Twenty games are scheduled to be released in 2010, giving the PS2 a marketable life of over a decade, thus continuing the sixth generation.

Yeah that's right PS2 owns them all. It has the most exclusives of any console combined and the most amount of games of all consoles combines.
beat that f**kers!

The PS2 makes a lovely footrest. And warms up your feet with that heat too!

Michael C Nov 09, 2009, 09:40pm EST Report Abuse
In that case, Pros of the 360 include:

1) Has sold more units than the PS3(but will not in the future)
2) Can play with some online friends, because they have it too.

Might as well join the wagon and get a 360 I suppose. I definitely don't want the best system, I just want the one that has been sold the most. This seems to be most peoples mentality, because any sane person would not even consider a 360 when compared to the PS3. I just don't get it.

Suspended User Nov 10, 2009, 12:35am EST Report Abuse
People buy it because for the price you pay you get a system thAt is almost as powerful, for a better price. Youre so f**ken ignorant of anyone elses opinion michael. Its ok to be wrong and its ok for other people to choose different from you. The ps3 is more powerful, has worse online play but has bluray, has different but not better or worse controllers and is more expensive. The 360 has a different controller, better online play, no blu ray and is cheaper. They both have different games and both share a lot of titles. Hence i went with the 360. I got 2 free games and an hdmi cable and wireless for 300 bucks. If i went with the ps3 i would of just got the console. No games. Now go find another thread to ruin

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.