Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 623 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 06:44pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>
Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 02:35am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: XBOX360 or PS3? Genuine question?
Kieran Blenkarne said:
People buy it because for the price you pay you get a system thAt is almost as powerful, for a better price. Youre so f**ken ignorant of anyone elses opinion michael. Its ok to be wrong and its ok for other people to choose different from you. The ps3 is more powerful, has worse online play but has bluray, has different but not better or worse controllers and is more expensive. The 360 has a different controller, better online play, no blu ray and is cheaper. They both have different games and both share a lot of titles. Hence i went with the 360. I got 2 free games and an hdmi cable and wireless for 300 bucks. If i went with the ps3 i would of just got the console. No games. Now go find another thread to ruin

Frankly, I think you're just frustrated that you just bought a 360 and I'm putting it down. I don't mind opinions, but sometimes, opinions are false. I'm trying to help everyone by letting them know what to get for a console, because for some f**ked up reason, everyone is sucking on Microsofts balls with the 360 and it's p**sing me off. Unlike just about everyone here who has commented, I have had both systems. Most people haven't had either of them. The 360 is no cheaper than the PS3 at this point unless you're going for the Arcade version. Sometimes they will package certain systems with extra things like games, controllers etc...so that's debatable. Even IF the 360 had all the same specs and capabilities as the PS3 - it doesn't have near the selection of quality exclusive games. Everyone seems to be neglecting that one little detail, or not looking into it enough. If you a want gaming console, why wouldn't you go for something that has more and better games? If you have a gaming PC, you can get almost every single game that is out for the 360 and play it on that because the 360 hardly has any good exclusives besides Halo and Gears of War 2.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Ecosse Nov 10, 2009, 03:17am EST Report Abuse
Michael C said:
I don't mind opinions, but sometimes, opinions are false. .

Just read that again and tell me it's not in the least bit arrogant? If you can't see it then it's you my son who is simply confused and false. :|

Jesus I hate how a very interesting thread can be hijacked with flaming prats trying to shove their "IMHO"'s down every fekker's throats. I came out of HWA about 18 months ago for the very same thing, every thread was turning into a bloody flame war about vid cards and "my dix bigger than yours" Do you really think the original poster's genuine question wanted a war? No, he wanted a simple answer not 15 bloody flaming posts.

You are not alone here Michael C and you all know who you are.

FFS, get a room or get a life - if neither then just get out cos you are giving me a bloody headache. >:o

Now, does anyone have anything actually on topic whilst I go out to work? (bite your tongue Michael)

Ecosse

Specs here > > > > > http://tinyurl.com/ecosse08
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
TamTheBam Nov 10, 2009, 05:05am EST Report Abuse

Morning :D

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 08:28am EST Report Abuse
Arrogant...Yes, but partially true. I gave my answer at the beginning of the thread, it just sort of went from there. It happens. The poster already made his decision on page 2. Perhaps I've pushed it too much, but I was just waiting for someone to see my logic here.

Ecosse Nov 10, 2009, 08:37am EST Report Abuse
As long as the OP got what they came for but there was no need for the 3 pages that followed then?

We are giving a very poor impression to new users of this great forum. They'll be too scared to ask if it may turn into a war and where would we be?

Please think before you type. Respect is an easy thing to show but very hard to regain.

Ecosse

Suspended User Nov 10, 2009, 09:12am EST Report Abuse
I have been on this forum for 7 years but you ruin it. I wont be back. U f**king loser michael

Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 09:38am EST Report Abuse
. . said:
I have been on this forum for 7 years but you ruin it. I wont be back. U f**king loser michael

You've got to be kidding, if you are that touchy over a few little posts...I always regarded you highly on this forum Kieran. Try not to take any of this too seriously, after all, it is a computer forum and the posts generally mean squat. You can play your 360 as long as it makes you happy dude.

kOrny Nov 10, 2009, 10:57am EST Report Abuse
Michael, all this topic is, is an opinion. You're just trying to shove yours down everyone's throat along with google searches to back up your inconsequential information. They're both good consoles.

Anyone could argue about this all day. Go take a chill pill and/or smoke a few bowls.

Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 11:01am EST Report Abuse
I guess we're all stupid for getting either, PS4 is right around the corner!

http://www.ps4playstation4.com/

Nic J Nov 10, 2009, 11:44am EST Report Abuse
Here we go again (writing this out that is) *curses the exit button* >>

It's good to see Sony going against their old campaign against Microsoft by doing what they made fun of MS for doing - creating a new console only a few years after the first one was out. But anyhow. :P

To all those getting worked up and upset about this thread LMAO it's funny. I'm not sure why some people are so upset or why some people (Michael C LMAO) is so peeed off about people wanting the 360 but this thread is good for a few laughs. The only way to know what works best for you is get them both.

Or so nobody is hating get a Wii

I can't believe nobody mentioned project natal as a reason to get the 360 LOL

--------
Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 01:47pm EST Report Abuse
My whole thing with this thread is that no one can come with a reason as to why the 360 matches the PS3, sort of funny really. I don't mind the odd flame debate, and I can handle it, unlike some. This thread is over and done.

Nic J Nov 10, 2009, 02:35pm EST Report Abuse
The up and coming Project Natal will likely capture many peoples eyes.

Me... I thin it's pretty bad, want to jump around like your doing real sports? ... get out and actually do real sports lol but is something that will be revolutionary to home gaming. If/When it comes out

--------
Shawn Langley Nov 10, 2009, 02:51pm EST Report Abuse

Having voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, when you lose the argument, you're in trouble.
Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 03:01pm EST Report Abuse

Ecosse Nov 10, 2009, 03:12pm EST Report Abuse
I think there's the "registration barrier" keeping them from "coming on in" Some think that by registering that they are opening themselves up to spam and the likes. :~

It's always been the case here that we have maybe 10-15 reg'd and about 1000 onlookers. Sad really. If I started up a new thread right now there would be 1574 pairs of eyes able to view it yet only 7 could reply! C'mon, what's the worst that could happen??

I bet there's about 300 Scotsman too! LOL :D

I do mirror your calls to get more reg'd - maybe we should run an Open Day :D

Ecosse

kOrny Nov 10, 2009, 03:14pm EST Report Abuse
I think Michael needs to get laid.

Michael C Nov 10, 2009, 03:17pm EST Report Abuse
k0rny said:

Speak for yourself son.

Nic J Nov 10, 2009, 03:18pm EST Report Abuse
You dare to ignore my post on project Natal!?
There are some that were given that you ignored as well
+Project Natal.
+Online community and play (sure the ps3 has one as well but it is generally said that the 360s is better. I want to try the PS3 one out but don't want to be the tard without a mic
+Exclusives (just because you prefer the ps3s better doesn't mean everyone does - Halo is huge for a reason)
+Warranty - Even with the RROD nearly gone now (with newer systems, ones that have not been fixed are still just as likely to break given time) but it is nice to know Microsoft will help you out should you get it again. Playstation 3 has... I think 60 days. And yes, things do happen to the PS3.
+Custom Avatars!!!?? - totally joking

Also again if your friends are on the 360 it is a huge plus since you'll get to play with them. This may seem trivial to you since you can't really play your online to the fullest but it does help. I'd also like to state that it isn't poor judgment it could be because they got it before the PS3 or they'd rather play 360 exclusives rather than PS3 ones, it's still a valid choice.

I'm also not saying that there is no reason to get a PS3, it has plenty of benefits but again it depends on the person. I have them both, play them both and love them both.

Now, just so the unregistered users don't think we are all full of argument and hate... can we agree on one thing?

Wii is at the bottom of the barrel ?

--------
Ecosse Nov 10, 2009, 03:22pm EST Report Abuse
Damn it, where's the Gamecube when you need it?

Ecosse

kOrny Nov 10, 2009, 03:23pm EST Report Abuse
Michael C said:
k0rny said:

Speak for yourself son.

Yup, he does.

(PS3's don't count)

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.