Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 782 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 22 - 02:00pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
bossa ritchie Oct 10, 2009, 07:13am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
Lets face it he got the award because he is black, if the US president had been white this time he wouldn't have got a look in at that. I mean how can you give a man a peace prize when he has yet to make any peace.

Obama has good appeal to the USA, Black America likes him because he is black, White America likes him because they think he is Tiger Woods.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
TamTheBam Oct 10, 2009, 05:12pm EDT Report Abuse

Ooooh so this Obama's a Golfer then? Why did a golfer get a Nobel peace prize?

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Nathan Daniels Oct 10, 2009, 05:13pm EDT Report Abuse
TamTheBam said:

Ooooh so this Obama's a Golfer then? Why did a golfer get a Nobel peace prize?

That's what were all trying to figure out.

--------
"The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war."
-Patton
DarK_SlayeR Oct 10, 2009, 05:21pm EDT Report Abuse

-------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 @ stock
Asus P5Q Pro P45
2GB x 2 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
eVGA GTX 550 Ti 1024mb Superclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
DarK_SlayeR Oct 10, 2009, 05:24pm EDT Report Abuse
bossa ritchie said:
Lets face it he got the award because he is black, if the US president had been white this time he wouldn't have got a look in at that. I mean how can you give a man a peace prize when he has yet to make any peace.

Obama has good appeal to the USA, Black America likes him because he is black, White America likes him because they think he is Tiger Woods.

I just about died laughing. I wonder what would have happened if this was the first Asian or Hispanic president? And I wonder if they would receive the award if they were anything but a far left liberal?

-------------------
Asus P5Q Pro P45
DarK_SlayeR Oct 10, 2009, 05:33pm EDT Report Abuse
In addition, this is the picture, in the order that it happened, in 5 easy steps.

1.) Out on the campaign trail for a year, spreading bullshit just like all the rest of the race runners.

2.) Gets elected, and is in office for less then a month. Throws party. World in orgasmic bliss.

3.) Proceeds to spend more money than a spoiled rich girl at the mall. Kisses the asses of the Muslim world. Wants the government to take care of you from cradle to grave. (all of this AFTER the cutoff for nominations mind you)

4.) Receives peace prize.

5.) ???

The peace prize is deserving of people who actually do something, not just say they're going to do something. Talk is cheap.

-------------------
Asus P5Q Pro P45
kOrny Oct 10, 2009, 06:10pm EDT Report Abuse
i'm not understanding why this is upsetting so many ppl. its just a stupid prize. he knows he shouln't have gotten it. hes probably scared that he did get it. hopefully something will happen now.

Sparxx Oct 10, 2009, 09:45pm EDT Report Abuse
It's not so much that i'm p**sed for him winning the prize. It just shows me what a farce the Nobel Peace Prize really is.

Least I know when we get a Female President or some other ethnicity the award automatically gets tossed to them.

ASUS P6X58D | I7 920@4 GHZ | EVGA GTX 285 | 6GB DDR3 1600
ToughPower 1200W PSU | X-FI XtremeGamer | 2x1TB Samsung F3 Raid 0
Comp Pic: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/rirwin2015/DSCF0362.jpg
Mike Metier Oct 10, 2009, 09:56pm EDT Report Abuse
Sparxx said:
It's not so much that i'm p**sed for him winning the prize. It just shows me what a farce the Nobel Peace Prize really is.

Least I know when we get a Female President or some other ethnicity the award automatically gets tossed to them.

It was based on his ideas and what hes done in the short amount of time being president and what he is saying hes going to do. While i do agree that maybe they should have waited to see exactly what he does, i think they did it to inspire hope and confidence in the new way our president is dealing with things. When he speaks to the U.N., its about the world working together, not asking for support to invade a country.

Why do you consider the Norwegian Nobel Institute a farce?

john albrich Oct 10, 2009, 10:24pm EDT Report Abuse
Mike Metier said:
...i think they did it to inspire hope and confidence in the new way our president is dealing with things. When he speaks to the U.N., its about the world working together, not asking for support to invade a country....

I'm SO glad it wasn't because he bailed out the banks and major Wall Street international groups with Trillions of US tax dollars!!!

BTW, I've no problems at all with banks or Wall Street...BIG problems with corruption, hypocrisy, and avarice.

Mike Metier Oct 10, 2009, 10:49pm EDT Report Abuse
john albrich said:
Mike Metier said:
...i think they did it to inspire hope and confidence in the new way our president is dealing with things. When he speaks to the U.N., its about the world working together, not asking for support to invade a country....

I'm SO glad it wasn't because he bailed out the banks and major Wall Street international groups with Trillions of US tax dollars!!!

BTW, I've no problems at all with banks or Wall Street...BIG problems with corruption, hypocrisy, and avarice.

That is a very different story and has nothing to do with peace.

Sean Costello Oct 10, 2009, 11:09pm EDT Report Abuse
Mike Metier said:

That is a very different story and has nothing to do with peace.

Niether were his first two weeks in office.

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
Sparxx Oct 10, 2009, 11:56pm EDT Report Abuse
Mike Metier said:
Sparxx said:

It was based on his ideas and what hes done in the short amount of time being president and what he is saying hes going to do. While i do agree that maybe they should have waited to see exactly what he does, i think they did it to inspire hope and confidence in the new way our president is dealing with things. When he speaks to the U.N., its about the world working together, not asking for support to invade a country.

I tell ya what, I'll tell the world something fancy, maybe I will unite Israel with the Palestinians. Then please toss me the 1 million plus prize money for my ideals. Or better yet I'm sure 1 of the 50 Miss America Pageant contestants that famously preaches world peace should win the Prize.

What I've seen from Obama is spending at an all time high, Government take overs of huge Corporations. National Debt going above and beyond. Or how about his health care plan that will charge citizens $750-$1200 per family for not being covered. Amazing concept there. All I see now is federal involvement instead of states rights.

Should just rename it the the Nobel Ideas Prize.

ASUS P6X58D | I7 920@4 GHZ | EVGA GTX 285 | 6GB DDR3 1600
ToughPower 1200W PSU | X-FI XtremeGamer | 2x1TB Samsung F3 Raid 0
Comp Pic: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/rirwin2015/DSCF0362.jpg
John Doe Oct 11, 2009, 05:26am EDT Report Abuse

DarK_SlayeR Oct 11, 2009, 05:32am EDT Report Abuse

-------------------
Asus P5Q Pro P45
john albrich Oct 11, 2009, 05:33am EDT Report Abuse

John Doe Oct 11, 2009, 06:03am EDT Report Abuse
I'm not saying he didnt contribute, I was merely saying that in context to what you had originall written in your post.

Well considering the Star Wars controversy is still going on today, i don't think that can be attribted to chess moves played out to end the Cold War. I think saying his initial stance of accelerating military build-up was part of a grand scheme of peace is definatly giving credit where its not due!

Im not saying he didnt make moves that helped cause the economic problems for the Soviets, which in turn may have resulted in a change of policy. The true spark was Gorbachev and his views.

GtoX (capt Guns) Oct 11, 2009, 12:13pm EDT Report Abuse
obama won the peace prize, according to the nobel institute
1. creating peace in hostile areas
2. maintaining and putting effort into peace processes

i believe he won it because of the 2nd statement.. simply because he's calmed down the tension in the middle east by frequently visiting and talkin to the leaders there, as well as with russia..

now people believe he shouldnt have won it because of the whole afghanistan/iraq thing, but come on people, this was all bush's play that obama inherited.. i still think he's doin right in keeping our forces there since the whole world would hate us even more (is it even possible?) if we withdrew them.. we're in a catch 22 i believe..

anyways, yea i think i can motivate/agree with his winning.. plus i think it add's more pressure to him not to start any wars in the future or anything non-peacy like ;)
its like winning the award in school for best friendly pupil, when ure the biggest bully in school.. maybe a bad synonym, but what im tryin to say is that it puts pressure on him not to f**k up his status now..

and dont hate him cause he hasnt done anything, he said it from the start "It will take time", anyone who believes they can fix our government/healthcare/economical system over night can suck my left nut since they don't understand how much legislation he has to go through.. i mean our government is a joke, we got congress and lobby's and all that crap.. obama could easily fixs**t in a month if we didnt have all this totally unnecessary bureaucracy to go through..

at the moment i feel like im the only one who understands what totals**t our nation is in, and to fix this is gonna take time.. i wouldnt be surprised if we'd need him for a 2nd run in office, Bush really put us on the spot here u know.. would be nice if my remote had a speed button for the real life though :)

Main Rig--- 2700k @ 3.7ghz ,Scythe Samurai ZZ @ 54c load ASUS DCII GTX570 780mhz@64c load, P8P67-m Pro, 2x4gb xms3 1333mhz, 128gb SSD + 4x500gb lagring, OCZ Modxstream Pro 600watt, In-win Dragon Slayer 140mm+120+96mm,120mm
Mike Metier Oct 11, 2009, 12:38pm EDT Report Abuse
john albrich said:

Then you are very misinformed on where all of the above comes from.

Dr. Peaceful Oct 12, 2009, 03:30pm EDT Report Abuse
Mike Metier said:

3 Reasons:
3) The reason behind a peace prize will not be disclosed to the public until 50 years later.
2) Gandhi, the ultimate figure in peace, was never reward with Nobel peace prize.
1) Adolf Hitler was nominated for peace prize 1939 (WTF seriously!) Though the nomination was withdrawn quickly.

Need I say more.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.