Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 631 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 06:42pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / HWA Community /

The 2009 Merry Christmas Thread!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Meats_Of_Evil Dec 26, 2009, 01:15am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: The 2009 Merry Christmas Thread!!
No idea what the hell you serious musicians are talking about so I'll post my loot:

Borderlands PC - Played a couple of hours and it's very fun.

Harry Potter Half -blood prince Blu-ray

surfer necklace from my brother

earbuds from my sister (i think)

iPod classic 120gb :~ I would have opened it already but my mother gave me the option to exchange it/return/refund it. So I guess I'll refund it and use the money to buy other stuff.

Money, haven't counted how much exactly.

American Eagle clothes.

I hope you guys had an excellent Christmas!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
G. G. Dec 26, 2009, 11:23am EST Report Abuse
Well..... I didnt get anything for myself this year.... Going to Disney World, FL for 8 days kinda blew the wad that I would have spent on myself for this christmas. I usually go out and buy me something nice and wrap it up and put it under the tree with a tag say to "me" from "santa" or my wife. lol.... But going to Disney World and not getting something for myself for christmas is not a bad thing.

BUT.......

My brother and his wife got something for me and my family that was unexpected and very nice...... They got us a Wii console and one of those recharge kit thingie....

So..... anyone here has a Wii that you can tell me what else it can do other than play games?

Does it have a Blue Ray drive? (something tells me that it doesnt)....

I have played on the Wii a couple of times before over at a friends with their kids... it was fun from what I remembered.

The last time I had a console was back in the day (early 90's - I think) when my last console was a Panasonic 3DO. Actually I still have it boxed up in a closet.

so tell me what good things I can get for it for me and for my 5 & 8 yr daughters...... I am planning to get another controller and nunchuck (?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
kOrny Dec 26, 2009, 11:27am EST Report Abuse
No Blu-ray. I dont even think it plays DVDs. Im not sure, but i think it has a web browser.

Thats a nice gift to get though! :)

DarK_SlayeR Dec 26, 2009, 12:49pm EST Report Abuse
Infamous for PS3 (ZOMG)

Zombie Apocalypse for PS3

GI Joe Rise of Cobra Blu-Ray

Sarah Conner Chronicles season 2 Blu-Ray

Some pants and shirts

A replica of a red 2010 Mustang as a stocking stuffer :D

-------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 @ stock
Asus P5Q Pro P45
2GB x 2 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
eVGA GTX 550 Ti 1024mb Superclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
TamTheBam Dec 26, 2009, 12:54pm EST Report Abuse

G.G the Wii does not support ANY type of HD at all. It's kinda like a "revamped" Game Cube.
But, it's a fun toy I can tell ya. I just sold mine a few weeks back for monry for christmas
pressies :( (due to being paid off and finally getting a job in November money was tight).
But if I still had it, we coulda raced on Mario Kart!!! Have fun tho! Oh, I was also the No.1
tennis player, no one could beat me!! hahahahaha

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Plug & Play Dec 27, 2009, 08:44am EST Report Abuse

One thing I will say about the Wii is be very very careful with the amount of absolute CRAP software out for it is unreal.

Alot of the motion sensor games a real bad so be careful which ones you pick out.

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Adam Kolak Dec 27, 2009, 09:01am EST Report Abuse
Plug & Play said:

One thing I will say about the Wii is be very very careful with the amount of absolute CRAP software out for it is unreal.

Alot of the motion sensor games a real bad so be careful which ones you pick out.

I agree with this, and honestly I'd probably stick to mostly first party Nintendo games if I had a Wii. If you don't like Nintendo games, I'd stay away from the Wii, as there is only a handful of decent third party games for the system.

Adam Kolak
Moderator, Hardware Analysis
adam@hardwareanalysis.com
DFI LP P35-T2RS | Xeon Quad @ 3.2Ghz | 4GB DDR2-1000 | 8800GT 512MB | See Profile
Michael C Dec 27, 2009, 10:32am EST Report Abuse
How are you liking Infamous D-Slayer? I've played through about 5 missions and it's pretty neat, which I could run a little faster and jump a little higher but it's still alright. Also, Tekken 6 is about a million times better than SF4.

G. G. Dec 28, 2009, 10:35am EST Report Abuse
Thanks guys for the some tips on the Wii....

heck, I havent even pulled it out of the box yet... lol yeah... kinda figure that the Wii is only dedicated to playing Wii games. One thing for sure, the spec on the Wii video is way lower than the other two.. Wii only supports 720x480 res whereas the other two supports 1920x1080... definately no HD for Wii. Oh well... that's ok.. it'll be fun all the same...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Sean Costello Dec 28, 2009, 06:03pm EST Report Abuse
the New Super Mario Brothers game is a total blast, i played it 4 players with some of my friends the other day and that was a good time.

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
TamTheBam Dec 28, 2009, 06:33pm EST Report Abuse

I want my Wii back! :X

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
G. G. Dec 28, 2009, 09:53pm EST Report Abuse
just finished playing some Wii... had a blast with my 5yr and 8yr girls.. heck.. my 5yr beat me in bowling. lol..... need to get a second set of controller/nunchuck. I would like to get Mario Kart with the wheel.. I think this would be fun.

-
Gerritt Dec 30, 2009, 07:49pm EST Report Abuse
My "loot":
Amazon Kindle with Dan Browns "The Lost Symbol"
Ford Fusion Hybrid with the 502 goodies package. Yeh, this one was from Santa to me..
Star Trek and Watchers Bluray.

Happy holidays!

BTW, "Santa" brought a Wii with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Fit Plus for the kiddlings, and they love it! I don't dare step on the Fit Plus :/ .

My wrist and shoulder are still recovering from a marathon ping-pong game though....

Cheers!

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
Dr. Peaceful Dec 31, 2009, 01:01am EST Report Abuse
That's a very generous Santa for sure. ;)

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.