Oddly enough, I have three customers with the same problem. Now I normally have no problems with this but for some reason Im stuck. I can't seem to get the time to properly sync up. This is what I have done so far.
1. I went in and changed the time server to time-a.nist.gov. Now I plan on changing this to something closer for each of them. Then I tried to update the time but it was not correct.
2. Then I went and made a registry change at this key:
Changing the value so it would update once a day.
3. Two of my customers, I was able to verify their firewalls were not blocking port 123.
So I'm stuck. Short of changing their time servers to something local and close to them. Is there any other tips I can try to get the time corrrected and updated right away. All three of them are on VIsta. One using Norton, comodo, and Mcafee.
|>> Re: Vista Time Sync Problem
Try pool.ntp.org as the time server (which should resolve to a server that's geographically close to you) - I've had lots of trouble with the *.nist.gov servers lately.
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."
- H.L. Mencken