Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 728 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s November 29 - 12:21pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Networking / Wireless /

Visiontek Killer 2100 NIC 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>
Reason Jul 23, 2010, 09:32am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Visiontek Killer 2100 NIC
See, even he didn't want it and it was free!

JK, glad you're able to get it sorted, I'd be friggin p**sED if that happened to me. I'm curious to see if you really notice a difference. The reviews I read indicate people see improvements, but I always feel there's a bit of investment justification going on.

PIRATE Jul 23, 2010, 10:56am EDT Report Abuse
Now Mikaela is finally going to be able to get a frag online, because as we all know killing yourself does not count. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Core 2 6400 2.1ghz / ASUS SLI Deluxe / 4gb DDR2 800 G.Skill / ATi Radeon HD 3870 512mb OC / 7 years old Seagate Barracuda 160gb 7200
Michael C Jul 23, 2010, 11:07am EDT Report Abuse
I'll frag u bitch

Dr. Peaceful Jul 23, 2010, 12:28pm EDT Report Abuse
So, who f**ked up the shipment, the retailer or UPS? Either way, if were me, I would be furious! I would complain the f**k out of them.

If it's the retailer, may be you can argue for a discount of your next item (SSD :) ), since it's their fault.

Michael C Jul 23, 2010, 12:53pm EDT Report Abuse
Well the box apparently has a bunch of stuff all over it, though I haven't seen it yet, I was told it has a Purilator stamp, a UPS label, 'NetLink' written all over the box, yet has the correct address.

NCIX/UPS has not yet contacted me about the trace they are supposed to run, and I doubt they know that this guy delivered the package for them. Grateful that the guy was decent enough to drive to my house and deliver it himself at least.

mothow Jul 23, 2010, 01:38pm EDT Report Abuse
Dam he drove over your mouse...lol

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Meats_Of_Evil Jul 25, 2010, 04:05am EDT Report Abuse
Sweet update Michael and thank God that you have such a friendly neighbor. I'm curious though, did he opened the package? Reason's post is hilarious but it got me thinking about the possible situation lol.

Whats the final verdict, can we finally play Street Fighter 4, BFBC2, COD and CSS online?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
G. G. Jul 25, 2010, 08:21pm EDT Report Abuse
I betcha that guy opened it up and installed it into his computer.... tried it up and then decided that ..... nah..... not worth it... even it was "free" to him.... so he gave it back...

lol J/K....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
mothow Jul 26, 2010, 09:27am EDT Report Abuse
so whats the verdict? Does it help or not?

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Michael C Jul 26, 2010, 11:18am EDT Report Abuse
I have the card installed and have been using it for the last day or so. I'd say there is a difference, but it's hard to test, see and tell. The thing I'm wondering is, how do I test it properly, to see if it's really doing anything? I've tried a few tests where I did notice differences in game though. The problem is, when I'm getting 300+ fps in CoD4, it's really hard to tell what it's doing. You can't run a benchmark online, obviously.

BC2 Max settings, Realtek NIC - 70fps
BC2 Max settings, Killer 2100 NIC - 80fps

CoD4 Max settings, Realtek NIC - 89fps
CoD4 Max settings, Killer NIC - 100fps

The ping seemed more consistant with the Killer, but not a huge difference or really any lower. It seems like there is less Jitter with the Killer, for example in CoD4 with the Realtek NIC my ping was going like, 77, 80, 82, 78, 80, 77 for example. With the Killer it was like, 76, 77, 76, 76, 78 for example. Just smoother in that regard a bit.

Internet download speeds obviously did not change but did seem more consistant, my max download speed is 832kbs and I watched a few downloads and they didn't move once from 832kbs, as where with the Realtek it usually jumps from 790kpbs to 832kpbs.

I did a few tries on Pingtest.net with both cards and a few of the servers, the Killer ping about 2ms better and had 0 Jitter where the Realtek had 1-2ms of Jitter. I guess this relates to what I saw in CoD4.

No difference in Quake 2 that I could see, perhaps a little more stable ping.

I think you'd really see a difference with an older machine with an unstable connection, it might really kick some ass in that situation. In my machine? I'm not so sure. I will do more testing tonight but I am thinking of RMA'ing this if I can(should be able to).

What would be a good way to test this further?

www.cxusb.com Jul 26, 2010, 11:57am EDT Report Abuse
Humorous reply. I have learn much from you.

Our factory in China specialized in producing good USB flash drives with competitive price.
Welcome to visit our website ( http://www.cxusb.com ) and find your favourite items.
I believe we will establish a long term coopration after the first transaction.
My
kOrny Jul 26, 2010, 12:22pm EDT Report Abuse
return thats**t man

Liquid Shadow Jul 26, 2010, 01:14pm EDT Report Abuse
N1H1L1TY said:
return thats**t man

Second that. And like k0rny said use that money to get some weed or hookers.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ADK 1Q AR Laptop
Core i5 520M | 4GB RAM | ATI HD4570
Michael C Jul 26, 2010, 01:22pm EDT Report Abuse
Just got my RMA number.

mothow Jul 26, 2010, 01:30pm EDT Report Abuse
Sounds like it helps but doesnt sound worth the money.Now if i won one or someone gave me one id use it..lol

But i agree RMA it

Liquid Shadow Jul 26, 2010, 01:36pm EDT Report Abuse
Mothow said:
Sounds like it helps but doesnt sound worth the money.Now if i won one or someone gave me one id use it..lol

If I won one it would go on eBay in a heartbeat lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ADK 1Q AR Laptop
Core i5 520M | 4GB RAM | ATI HD4570
kOrny Jul 26, 2010, 01:37pm EDT Report Abuse
Liquid Shadow said:
N1H1L1TY said:
return thats**t man

Second that. And like k0rny said use that money to get some weed or hookers.

hahah. hell even that $100 64GB SSD would be better.

G. G. Jul 26, 2010, 10:20pm EDT Report Abuse
Michael....

NO NO NO NO NO..... DONT return it.... Those improvements are AWWWsome.... Well worth what you paid for it..... !!!!!

. J/K :P :P :P :P :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Sir Athos Jul 27, 2010, 02:10pm EDT Report Abuse
If you're still wondering how to test it... There's a pretty detailed and well explained review here: http://www.kitguru.net/networking/zardon/bigfoot-killer-2100-g...rd-review/

They tested on an Uber-machine too. :)

TamTheBam Jul 27, 2010, 04:54pm EDT Report Abuse

Michael. Of all the people on here. You're the LAST person I'd see buying this piece of
Hardware. Has something happened to you lately per chance?? Were you struck by
lightning? Whacked over the head with a Xtra large didlo or something? I'm surprised
you've been issued an RMA Ticket tbh.

On another note.. I've done somthing similar in the past - when I purchased the
Ageia PhysX Accelerator. Mind you, these days - I can have a GPU and the accelerator
instead of purchasing a secondry cheapo GPU to do the same thing.

I hope you've learned from your mistake lol :P ;)

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.