Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 258 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 26 - 03:23am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Software /

Xfire bought out? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
A_Pickle Aug 05, 2010, 08:58pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Xfire bought out?
McFly
If they would open up an API for Steam Community to let other clients connect to it, even on a basic-IM level, I would use it. The way it's implemented now, fux it. I'll stick with Xfire.

Why don't they just use existing IM protocols in the first place? All you're doing is moving the digital manifestation of text from one client to another. It shouldn't matter whether you happen to be drawing that text in a window in Aero, or if you just happen to be in a fullscreen 3D game when it happens -- it ought to be systemwide, it ought NOT kill your in-game framerate, and it shouldn't need a new goddamn IM protocol.

The world needs less war. And IM protocols.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Meats_Of_Evil Aug 06, 2010, 02:24am EDT Report Abuse
kOrny said:
TamTheBam said:
Meats_Of_Evil said:

K0rny drops in once in a while but I sometimes forget who he is with that weird ass nick he has.

K0rny's always to stoned to reply or shaggin some fat whore that needs her computer fixed

fine u fux

MEATS IM ALWAYS ON WTF U NEVER RESPOND TO ME ;(

TAM...
I TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE (and you can never be too stoned) ;)

Well I'm only online on weekends. Hmm... must be my dad's PC that has Steam installed :~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
TamTheBam Aug 06, 2010, 04:40pm EDT Report Abuse
kOrny said:
TamTheBam said:
Meats_Of_Evil said:

K0rny drops in once in a while but I sometimes forget who he is with that weird ass nick he has.

K0rny's always to stoned to reply or shaggin some fat whore that needs her computer fixed

fine u fux

MEATS IM ALWAYS ON WTF U NEVER RESPOND TO ME ;(

TAM...
I TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE (and you can never be too stoned) ;)

LMAO! You only had to joke along, not admit it. Now everyone will believe me now lol

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
kOrny Aug 06, 2010, 04:47pm EDT Report Abuse
ohhh...errrr.....i was joking along ;)

no succes with that teacher tho :/

TamTheBam Aug 06, 2010, 05:43pm EDT Report Abuse

That's because you never tried hard enough!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.