Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1303 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 12:33pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

COD:Black Ops....Nothing New :( 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
TamTheBam Nov 07, 2010, 05:38pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: COD:Black Ops....Nothing New :(

I personally think it will be good.

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Plug & Play Nov 08, 2010, 06:35pm EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
So... we're all complaining about the game yet no one has bought it?

Damn, we've hit a new low.

How can we buy it Meats, its not even out over here yet. As I type this it will be released in some shops in 30mins time and my GF is gonna buy it for me (LMFAO) TBH I am bored outta my pants with no games to play only L4D2. Tam has me playing NFS:WORLD ffs!

So I will give you the FULL REVIEW soon.....but I aint looking for anything special.

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Plug & Play Nov 08, 2010, 09:34pm EST Report Abuse

Well tried to play ONLINE tonight and an absolute disaster BIG TIME....The servers are so messed up its a waste of time completely. And I dont mean the odd one EVERY server (10-12) I tried had major lag spikes and then disconnection.....Then I tried the single player and upon reflection is actually very good so far and looks fantastic...before it locked up and froze on me....so I dont know...will hav eto wait and see over the next few days.

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Michael C Nov 08, 2010, 10:18pm EST Report Abuse
Play a man's game - Darkfall.

angryhippy Nov 09, 2010, 12:24am EST Report Abuse
TamTheBam said:

Plug you sound depressed. Nothing pleases you, except Pirate's arse.
Are you ok son? You don't seem to like anything. Would you like a cuddle?

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!`1

Ya it's out here tomorrow, but I'll have to probably wait until Wed. for a decent crack... :/

EDIT: No not the crack of Pirate's arse.

Get Hippied out!
http://www.angryhippy.net
Me at work: http://tinyurl.com/3nvncb3
My rig! A Blah blah.With a blah blah! SWEET! http://tinyurl.com/4yujmff
Da Beast! http://tinyurl.com/3sapr2b
i5 3570K 4.6GHz http://snipurl.com/26r3cot
Win7-8 Pro 64bit
TamTheBam Nov 09, 2010, 01:54am EST Report Abuse

Lol Angry hippy!

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 09, 2010, 01:56am EST Report Abuse
Mike C (34292) said on Nov 08, 2010 at 23:18 AST:
Play a man's game - Darkfall.

If it didn't have a monthly subscription cost then I would be playing it with you every frigging weekend (i'm a busy guy so that's an estimate).

Now, I don't know if you knew but Lord Of The Rings Online has shifted its ways and is now free to play! I tried it for 20ish days and it was mad fun. You'll love it if you love the LOTR extended films and literature.

There's also Dungeons And Dragons online for free and I think other big budget games have shifted from their monthly subscription service.

Plug & Play (62078) said on Nov 08, 2010 at 22:34 AST:
Well tried to play ONLINE tonight and an absolute disaster BIG TIME....The servers are so messed up its a waste of time completely. And I dont mean the odd one EVERY server (10-12) I tried had major lag spikes and then disconnection.....Then I tried the single player and upon reflection is actually very good so far and looks fantastic...before it locked up and froze on me....so I dont know...will hav eto wait and see over the next few days.

Yeah that sucks. Doesn't that happen with almost every game on its first day launch? It's a good thing you didn't need an internet registration service to actually play the game. I remember reading about the issues Bioshock had when it first launched.

Hope you enjoy the game Plug and if I would have known you were that depressed and only played L4D2 then I would have bought it when they had it on steam for the price of 2 McDonald Meals.

:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Dr. Peaceful Nov 09, 2010, 10:01am EST Report Abuse
Which one of you did this?! ;) (joking)

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/black-ops-call-of-duty,news-8675.html

"...robbers stole 100 copies of the game from GameStop before launch day.

At least two men, wielding handguns, hit a GameStop in Harford County just around closing time on Saturday night. Both the staff and the two unlucky customers were forced into the storage area, but were thankfully unharmed.

The robbers fled in a white minivan, which investigators believe may link this robbery to a previous GameStop holdup in Aberdeen.

The robbers made off with four cases filled with Call of Duty: Black Ops. Police are now asking for residents to call the sheriff's office if they were offered a copy of the game prior to the release date."

Michael C Nov 09, 2010, 10:39am EST Report Abuse
Did you try the trial out Meats?

kOrny Nov 09, 2010, 12:52pm EST Report Abuse
I thought MW2 was pretty fun. The single player was great. I do agree though, that this looks the same and probably plays the same.

Thats the beauty of Xmas... I'll make someone else get it for me;)

Michael C Nov 09, 2010, 02:43pm EST Report Abuse

TamTheBam Nov 09, 2010, 07:32pm EST Report Abuse

Stuff the 360 Review UGH! lol

I will be playing this tomo. It looks good on the TV ads whether it's in-game GFX or not.
The SP was pish on BFBC2 so there's not gonna be much comp haha!

Dave Nov 09, 2010, 09:12pm EST Report Abuse
What exactly were you expecting? Something revolutionary? Hardly likely with the amount of money they knew they could make with minimal effort.

I miss the days of 20 hour long single player campaigns...

TamTheBam Nov 10, 2010, 06:16pm EST Report Abuse

Just had a quick game. It's good. I thought for a min it would be DX11 since you can
AA at 16x rather than the usual 4x for all the previous versions. The graphics can be
quite detailed at times. I'll tell you something for nothing - all those that swear by BF, the
SP Versions now in BF are blueprint from COD. It's a shooter, and it does what it says on
the box. That keeps me happy

Michael C Nov 10, 2010, 06:25pm EST Report Abuse
Same old crap!

TamTheBam Nov 10, 2010, 06:37pm EST Report Abuse

You need to elaborate what you want out of these games rather than spam that usual
shyte!

It's not just the PC platform that's suffering from this. All the consoles also. The game
Devs are just a lil too relaxed and aint pushing their imagination's and talents these days

Plug & Play Nov 11, 2010, 06:14am EST Report Abuse
Okay.....This is the low down.

After much tweaking and cursing I have the game running @ 90%, there is a huge problem with the optimisation of the game. It is using 100% of the CPU and not the GPU to render the game which is causing massive "Stuttering".....it is not a SERVER issue. There are plenty of the usual tweaks to the console to make it better. And by default the game is setup NOT to take advantage of multi core CPU's. You can amend this in the steam folder along with the max fps and internet packet commands which help the game alot.

Now while I played only about an hour of the previous game online (cleared the SP) I cannot compare Black Ops to the previous MW2.

The main thing I found with this game is the PACE of the game itself.....compared to BFBC2 it is so so quick and does take alot of getting used to. It is alot more run and gun and you could quickly say it is pure run and gun with no tactics involved at all.

Obviously knowing the maps is KEY and the more you play it the better you WILL get, the graphics on the maps IMHO are very good and detailed if one or two are flawed as in there are far too many points to be attacked from on some and just adds a slaughter mentality and no teamwork ensues and thats not counting the air stirkes. The animation on the enemy animation is a tad lacking and basic.

The hud is brilliant and very easy to navagate in game with any back up support available (from air strikes, RC bomb cars to sentry guns and attack dogs) at the touch of a key. The actual guns are brilliant and very detailed with each one handling and sounding so different which really is a great thing...and the guns are so big on screen it looks great. You can also fully custom it to your taste down to the recticle on the sights to the color of the default red dot!

I have my rank (Currently 33) on the butt of it and my player name on the side....with artic camo on the gun and Apache Red Face paint. All the custom options has its pro's and con's, if you are not that good at the game any points you get will be spent on guns as you will not waste it on custom crap. Also you have to unlock the same customs on EACH GUN....you cant unlock it once and use it across the board which is a tad stupid.....

The only thing WRECKING the game at the moment is the PERFORMANCE BUGS...there are some peeps with very little stuttering (ME for one) and then there are peeps getting massive unplayable spikes. TBH it is not on to release a game like this but then again the PC platform is not what it use to be. I mean there are over 1 million console players playing this compared to 70,000 PC gamers....I think I know where the priority lies with the dev's!!!

No doubt it will be patched but I would not hold my breath too long.

Michael C Nov 11, 2010, 10:23am EST Report Abuse
Raging and Negative post in 3...2..1:

I'm sick of all these games. I didn't even feel the need to play MW2 because they're all the same and I knew that. CoD4 = MW2 = BlackOps. Even Crysis at least had a more distinct story. I seriously believe Crysis was a better game than all of the CoD games. I'm sick of seeing un-originals**t like this sell 5.6millions copies in a day:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1133549p1.html

All they care about is hitting the biggest sales numbers for minimal effort into their games. People that buy these games seriously misguided. They use the sames**tty engine for EVERY f**king game. Cartoony looking crap. The reason these games typically run so well is because there is nothing to render in the first place. You can pull 200-300fps at all times with max graphics, which is sad.

People must be desperate for games if they're buying and actually LIKING thiss**t.

Meats_Of_Evil Nov 11, 2010, 10:36am EST Report Abuse
Plug, I liked your mini review. One question though. Do the guns finally sound cool and more lifelike? I hate all gun sounds from the previous COD games, they sound like cardboard guns (if that makes sense). Is the sound more like, BF2, BFBC2 or better?

Also, how long will you say the Single Player was? Was it worth it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
kOrny Nov 11, 2010, 11:39am EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
Plug, I liked your mini review.

Ditto. All my friends who have it are saying the same thing about the lag/performance bugs. Hope it gets fixed by Christmas :-D.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.