Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1522 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 22 - 04:01pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Crysis 2 Demo Opinions 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
Meats_Of_Evil Mar 01, 2011, 09:50pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Crysis 2 Demo Opinions
Plug & Play (62078) said on Mar 01, 2011 at 21:17 AST:
As for the CRYENGINE 3 it looks very much average....TBH I prefer the UNREAL / FROSTBITE ENGINE in fact.

Hmm... I was afraid of this. So the Cryengine 3 is just an optimized graphical upgrade for the consoles. Which means Super sampling the f**k out of everything, using Bloom in extremely unreal proportions, no volumetric effects and lower quality textures.

You know you are not onto a winner when you can run and slide max payne style in a MP game....NOTHING NEW AT ALL.

I beg to differ. I still haven't played a first person shooter where you can slide on the ground and shoot ands**t. The game Fear had some cool moves with the kicks and all but I never got into the Multiplayer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Michael C Mar 01, 2011, 10:20pm EST Report Abuse
I'll show you how to play FEAR Meats!

Plug & Play Mar 02, 2011, 10:44am EST Report Abuse
kieranosaurusrex said:
Cant even log in FFS

Googled it and everyone is having issues creating accounts and trying to log in FFS

Thats strange, I created an account instantly last night so did dublin gunner. Not only that we sent instant invites and were playing on a server in minutes....not that you are missing anything.....8)

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Plug & Play Mar 02, 2011, 10:45am EST Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
As for the CRYENGINE 3 it looks very much average....TBH I prefer the UNREAL / FROSTBITE ENGINE in fact.

Hmm... I was afraid of this. So the Cryengine 3 is just an optimized graphical upgrade for the consoles. Which means Super sampling the f**k out of everything, using Bloom in extremely unreal proportions, no volumetric effects and lower quality textures.

You know you are not onto a winner when you can run and slide max payne style in a MP game....NOTHING NEW AT ALL.

I beg to differ. I still haven't played a first person shooter where you can slide on the ground and shoot ands**t. The game Fear had some cool moves with the kicks and all but I never got into the Multiplayer.

Meats,

Seriously, play bullet storm you will absolutely love it......sliding and shooting is slo mo.....great stuff it is.

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
TamTheBam Mar 02, 2011, 04:02pm EST Report Abuse

Seriously you'll not like it Meats.

Downloaded the leaked beta. Looks not bad. Yes, very like Frostbite. Why? Still that's the
"early stages" leaked beta. Still same graphics options... er none. And erm DX9 as far as I
can see... Does look more in interesting compared to the MP Demo tho. Although still not
impressed with the FEAR-esque graphics. Nice special effects.

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Scumbag Blues Mar 02, 2011, 09:12pm EST Report Abuse
Anyone having logging in issues?

I created a mycrysis.com account (after waiting like 3 hours since the server is apparently overloaded... what a load ofs**te), and when I try to login, it tells me I can't log in with a name that has so and so characters. Problem is, it's all letters...

Trying to make an account in game tells me the e-mail is already in use EVEN though I JUST created it for the purpose of creating an account on Crysis 2... 5 MINUTES BEFORE.

Talk about a terrible f**king experience.

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
Plug & Play Mar 03, 2011, 05:40am EST Report Abuse

I must have been very lucky when making my account the other night, there is nothing more annoying then getting this crap when trying to play the game. I bet it will be like this when the game is actually released aswell.

Suspended User Mar 03, 2011, 10:19am EST Report Abuse
Scumbag Blues said:
Anyone having logging in issues?

I created a mycrysis.com account (after waiting like 3 hours since the server is apparently overloaded... what a load ofs**te), and when I try to login, it tells me I can't log in with a name that has so and so characters. Problem is, it's all letters...

Trying to make an account in game tells me the e-mail is already in use EVEN though I JUST created it for the purpose of creating an account on Crysis 2... 5 MINUTES BEFORE.

Talk about a terrible f**king experience.

I had that issue with 2 email address I have...both said the same thing....my username was kieranbnz...i dunno wtf it is....

I opened a new gmail account and made a new account on mycrysis then it finally worked.

Got into a game, disconnected after around 4 minutes....went to another game....disconnected after 2 minutes....went into another game....disconnected after 5 minutes.....my ping was 100.....so I dunno wtf is going on....terrible experience though....I aint gonna try play anymore

Beavis Khan Mar 03, 2011, 11:16am EST Report Abuse
My opinion is "Crytek, go f**k yourselves with a console lubed up with some Gamespy santorum!" WTF, Crysis 1 is 4+ years old at this point and seems like it is basically a better game in every way. Depressing. I hope Valve and BF3 can keep the PC gaming flame burning.

____
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

- H.L. Mencken
Suspended User Mar 03, 2011, 11:28am EST Report Abuse
Beavis Khan said:
My opinion is "Crytek, go f**k yourselves with a console lubed up with some Gamespy santorum!" WTF, Crysis 1 is 4+ years old at this point and seems like it is basically a better game in every way. Depressing. I hope Valve and BF3 can keep the PC gaming flame burning.

Gamepsy is a piece ofs**t idea....why the f**k they are using it for Crysis is beyond me.

Meats_Of_Evil Mar 03, 2011, 01:08pm EST Report Abuse
Lol who the hell uses gamespy anymore? I tried to like it back when BF2 was out but I decided it was crap after initial use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Plug & Play Mar 03, 2011, 04:11pm EST Report Abuse

LOL...the hate for a game that is not even out......PMSL

Afrow UK Mar 03, 2011, 04:19pm EST Report Abuse
Lets just play Duke instead :) gameplay is all that I am really concerned about

I like: Programming, Gym, University
Music: House, Dubstep, D&B, Trance, Metal
TamTheBam Mar 03, 2011, 05:52pm EST Report Abuse

I accidently got 3rd Person view in Crysis Demo? Obviously it has this option also..
perhaps for the console zealots...

LEntless Mar 04, 2011, 02:14am EST Report Abuse
Gamespy is horrid. The gameplay of this is just "decent".

Nothing about this game will want me to come back. It's just so easy to abuse cloaking, imo.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 mhz | Seagate 320 GB | AuzenTech X-Fi Forte 7.1

Plug & Play Mar 04, 2011, 07:44am EST Report Abuse

I can just see it now absolute hordes of peeps cloaked with the sniper rifle.....talk about a bad idea. Dublin Gunner sent me a few screenies of SERIOUS SAM 3 last night....OMFG....that is what you call a detailed engine.

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/serioussam3/2011022...m3_2.shtml

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/serioussam3/2011022...m3_3.shtml

Suspended User Mar 04, 2011, 10:18am EST Report Abuse
Plug & Play said:

I can just see it now absolute hordes of peeps cloaked with the sniper rifle.....talk about a bad idea. Dublin Gunner sent me a few screenies of SERIOUS SAM 3 last night....OMFG....that is what you call a detailed engine.

HOLY f**k that looks amazing

TamTheBam Mar 04, 2011, 06:17pm EST Report Abuse
Plug & Play said:

You do realise that these screenshots are from FMV sequence. Not In-Game.

mothow Mar 06, 2011, 03:33pm EST Report Abuse
Long Live L4D2

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Plug & Play Mar 06, 2011, 04:33pm EST Report Abuse

Was playing it for hours last night Tom for the 1st time in mths....and its still like I only bought the game....EXCELLANT.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.